Just talked to a brother in the service department and he hung up on me!

by life is to short 48 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

Dear LITS,

I have to say that I am not suprised at the way that the Bethel representative treated you. It is wrong, but entirely consistent with the Service Department policy for dealing with people that they classify as "troublemakers". I am glad you have stuck to your guns.

Alice:

I have just read this thread, and am absolutely shocked at the vicious and frankly disgusting attacks you have launched on posters who are concerned about such a sensitive subject. You may well have someone in your family who was abused - but that does not make you an expert on child abuse, nor does it qualify you to act as if you are, and it certainly does not give you the right to name-call, label, and denigrate others. You know, up until I read this thread, I still thought you were a genuine person concerned about others. Instead, you have proven me completely and utterly wrong.

We used to have a word for people like you at Bethel. We used to refer to people like you as "Hananiah's". People who take it upon themselves to "oppose" the apostates, but are not only disobedient to "Jehovah's Organisation", but harm "true worshippers" with their lack of accuracy and obedience to "Jehovah's Organisation". At the time, I wasn't sure why the Service Department referred to people like you with such a term - but I am now.

Disgraceful.

PP

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I cannot answer anything, because I am afraid I will offend or hurt some people here!

That can happen when you question the honesty of people relating painful personal experiences.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Even after knowing that the WT organization has past & current legal problem due to covering up child molestation, it's amazing how honest people on this board can relate their personal accounts & knowledge of the pedophile problem in the JW religion and brainwashed JW's claim it is a lie. How can a person who claims to serve God do that and just blindly defend a man-made organization run by old men that they know nothing about?

That fit's the definition of a cult follower.

Think About It

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thank you for making that clear to me. Betrayal is a hard thing to except

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Now I exhort you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ that you should all speak in agreement, and that there should not be divisions among you, but that you may be fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought. 1 Corinthians 1:10

leave, leave, leave................. your own quote serves you

• misguided
    misguided

I'm not shocked at all. My ex-father-in-law had a baby with his one and only daughter - he had 9 kids. He was an elder when I married his 6th child...a son. His daughter was 2nd.

• misguided
    misguided

My last post was just a start...I was molested as a teen...both "brothers" (1 was an elder) were from North Vancouver.

I reported all incidents to the elders. NEVER did they tell me what was dealt with or not. Lost my faith when I saw one I saw one of these ass**** walking around with his "attendant" label at the dc assembly, when I got df'd for doing much less. It was so wrong. There is no holy spririt...or he/she'd make sure things were made right....

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I for one am very impressed by the lengths Life is to short is going to. She is very brave and I look up to anyone especially when it comes to protecting children. What she is doing is not easy, it takes a very emotional strain on a person especially when she's only trying to do the right thing an is being fought like she is in the wrong.(I know all about that)

I really hope you can get past the negative and start taking great pride in what you are doing. Hold you head high and know you have done absolutely everything you could to protect the children in your congregation. How many can say that truthfully? Not many, that's for sure.

• Calebs Airplane

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit