Australian brothers VERY negative comments regarding new "generations" ... some leaving Bethel..will this blow up in the Watchtowers face?

by Witness 007 126 Replies latest jw experiences

• undercover
    undercover
    Yes damn it! it the branch can do why cant I?

I don't think the Branch was attempting to get the laughs they got...

oh wait, you meant the Branch can use overlapping in their teachings and expect results... gotcha...

• bennyk
    bennyk

alice.in.wonderland writes: As for anyone's hopes about anyone leaving Jehovah's Organization because of a refinement to Matthew 24:34 (a scripture that can only be defined by the passage of time) this isn't why people resist the truth. Most people don't fully understand the grand theme of the Bible let alone understand the true meaning of Matthew 24:34.

My response:

...including the Watch Tower Society. The Society specifically and preemptively denied that the "Generation" of Matthew 24:34 could possibly be the "Anointed".

"When Jesus used 'generation' for the last time, he was on the Mount of Olives with four apostles. (Mark 13:3) Those men, who were not yet anointed with spirit nor part of a Christian congregation, certainly did not constitute either a 'generation' or a race of people." (Watchtower 01. Nov. 1995, pp. 30, 31)

"What did Jesus mean by 'generation,' both in his day and in ours? Many scriptures confirm that Jesus did not use 'generation' with regard to some small or distinct group, meaning only the Jewish leaders or only his loyal disciples." (Watchtower 01. June 1997, p.28)

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Mat 24:34

Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

The key to this verse is the word "THIS", and not the word "generation", Jesus said THIS generation, the greek word for this being houtos which means:

this or these,

It specififes something, in this case a particular generation.

THAT is THE generation Jesus was speaking to.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

No takers on phoning AIWs hall then? See page 6.

Cheers

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    let the wt speak - *** w95 11/1 p. 30 Questions From Readers ***
    More recently, A Handbook on the Gospel of Matthew (1988), designed for Bible translators, said: "[The New International Version] translates this generation literally but follows with a footnote, ‘Or race.' And one New Testament scholar believes that ‘Matthew means not just the first generation after Jesus but all the generations of Judaism that reject him.' However, there is no linguistic evidence to substantiate either of these conclusions, and they must be brushed aside as attempts to avoid the obvious meaning. In its original setting the reference was solely to Jesus' own contemporaries."
    sounds like overlapping bullcrap should be brushed aside.

That must be the old light, the new light encourages bullcrap, it helps the plants grow.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    It's easier to remain a zombie.

Which is why a great many of the men are alcoholics... the women are on anti-depressants... and the children live "double" lives (may you all have peace!). Have to numb up SOME kind of way so as to shut out that little "voice" that keeps saying, "They're are NOT who they say they are, child, and you KNOW it! Yes, you've been MISLED. Yes, they lied to you and are STILL lying... and you know it. Look at them!"

But that's the hard part, isn't it... the "looking"? Because the "view" ain't so "paradise-y" after all...

Ah, well. May the one that has ears (hopefully, at some point, that will include YOU, dear Alice/Reniaa)... HEAR the call to "GET OUT OF HER... if you do not want to share in her SINS... and her plagues." Her sins are manifest. Her plagues... are coming.

Again, may you ALL have peace!

A slave of Christ, THE Truth (John 14:6)...

SA

• sacolton
    sacolton

Alice.in.Wonderland:

The Watchtower has admitted it is NOT spirit-directed. Do you know what that means? You are following a bunch of old men who have no direction from God - they are just speaking presumptiously about what they want you to believe. That's it. Why are you still following them?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit