Australian brothers VERY negative comments regarding new "generations" ... some leaving Bethel..will this blow up in the Watchtowers face?

by Witness 007 126 Replies latest jw experiences

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

However, surely 1975 was a much bigger debacle?

Anything negative was said quietly..I never heard much..

.................. ...OUTLAW

• JWoods
    JWoods

However, surely 1975 was a much bigger debacle? _____ In a way - there was about a three year setback where number of JWs and field service hours went down. However, the WT recriminations started immediately: "We never really said it, and you should not have ever believed it" The hours and publishers were coming back up a little when the whole Ray Franz issue became known; I really felt that the Franz/Dunlap scandal were a bigger deal than just the failure of 1975. Of course, I had never believed in 1975 personally anyway, and was hoping they would reform themselves after this failure. Fat chance of that -

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

UNDERCOVER,

You are right about the 1995 teaching and how it took several years to 'sink in'. It is what finally got my feet pointed towards the door. From that year to 2000, I coasted along on the fringes. I was simply disgusted, not just because of this teaching but because of attitudes there that I could not stand.

I agonized how to make a 'go' of it without being damaged. I saw people who were full of shit and just looked to exploit others. A single woman like me had to run from users. It got to the point that I came and went by myself and even worked by myself. I even found my way to the district assembly by myself. At least this way I had some peace of mind without people bothering me. They always think they are going to bother some woman. So, it was finding out all the dirt on the religion on the internet in the year 2000 that finally got me started on my 'fade'. But 1995 got it started.

You are also right about how 1995 hurt them on a small scale but it still had an impact. Some halls lost many people and they didn't all die or move away either. People got more involved with careers and realized they had to play a desperate game of catch-up with their retirement fund. Nobody admits this but this is what I observed or heard on the grapevine.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Many posters keep mentioning the 1995 Generation Change, and I just wanted to briefly share a different perspective. I graduated high school in 94", and if you would have asked me, or any other JWs around my age back then to explain the Generation doctrine, you would have got a deer in the headlights look. Its just one of those things that I don't believe is discussed heavily or reviewed often. Even now that I'm "conscious", I'm noticing this teaching change really wasn't that big of a deal in the congregation I'm at. My father who's getting up in years, and who usually does the WT study went over the article in question to make sure he understood it correctly, which he did. The part that stood out to me was, he didn't even remember the previous changes to this teaching. My mother who is an Uber-Nazi-Dub, who is on top of everything despite her getting up in years, didn't remember the previous teachings either. When over my folks home last week, I mentioned to my father that Jaracz just died and he didnt even know who Jaracz was. I mentioned to him that Barr is the oldest member. He responded, "I remember him." I'm thinking to myself, "great." I told him with the new generation change, the average GB mbr's age is mid 50's-60's I'm guessing, and that "this thing"(system of things that is) has the potential to go on for quite a while depending on how young newer annointed contemporaries are. He responded, "this thing is close Misery. It can't go on any further!" After talking with him, and knowing many are similar to him, I'm under the impression that those "aware" of the impact of this change and others are still a minority.

• steve2
    steve2
    People who fade due to apathy are subject to returning whenever the next major earthquake or hurricane or terrorist attack hits because they have never been deprogrammed and educated about the TRUTH.

Fair point. But these "bad weather" JWs are seldom, if ever, actively promoting the religion. They are the nominal-church equivalents of "pew sitters" - easily guilted or scared into going to meetings, but not doing much else about it. Bored witless in the religion and outside as well. I count many of my JW relatives as "Jehovah's bored witlesses".

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

As for anyone's hopes about anyone leaving Jehovah's Organization because of a refinement to Matthew 24:34 (a scripture that can only be defined by the passage of time) this isn't why people resist the truth. Most people don't fully understand the grand theme of the Bible let alone understand the true meaning of Matthew 24:34.

Human desire is at the root of decision making.

Do not be loving either the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him; because everything in the world—the desire of the flesh and the desire of the eyes and the showy display of one’s means of life—does not originate with the Father, but originates with the world. Furthermore, the world is passing away and so is its desire, but he that does the will of God remains forever. 1 John 2:15-17

The reason most people in developed nations reject God is because they desire other things. If people have counter desires that puts them at odds with God they have no interest in pursuing anything positive related to God. You can deceive yourself and may have limited success in deceiving others, but this doesn't change reality.

For if anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he is deceiving his own mind. Galatians 6:3

There's more superiority in being right than wrong and more freedom in having a future than being stuck on a dead end street.

• teel
    teel

Nah AIW, we don't hope for a fallout because of change, JW doctrine change almost as often as others change underwear. We hope for fallout because the generation explanation is plain and simple BS. It is not backed up by anything neither in Bible nor common sense or dictionaries.

The rest of your post is just a sad attempt to derail the topic, so I hope you don't mind if I just ignore it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Don`t worry Alice..

There will always be Jehovah`s Witness`s that will be loyal to the WBT$..

No matter how many times the WBT$ lies to them..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

alice, you're doing a good job at prooving us as "liars"............ keep up the good work!

can we meet, I gotta give you a star!

• booby
    booby

let the wt speak - *** w95 11/1 p. 30 Questions From Readers ***
    More recently, A Handbook on the Gospel of Matthew (1988), designed for Bible translators, said: "[The New International Version] translates this generation literally but follows with a footnote, ‘Or race.' And one New Testament scholar believes that ‘Matthew means not just the first generation after Jesus but all the generations of Judaism that reject him.' However, there is no linguistic evidence to substantiate either of these conclusions, and they must be brushed aside as attempts to avoid the obvious meaning. In its original setting the reference was solely to Jesus' own contemporaries."

sounds like overlapping bullcrap should be brushed aside.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit