Australian brothers VERY negative comments regarding new "generations" ... some leaving Bethel..will this blow up in the Watchtowers face?

by Witness 007 126 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mary
    Mary

The 'noo light' on "this generation" has yielded reactions from one extreme to the other. For some, it will be the proverbial last straw and they'll break a leg to get to the nearest exit. For the older ones (like my parents), some will be angry as they were promised that they would never grow old and die in this System, some will view it as 'evidence' as to how 'close we are to the End' and some will thank the good Lord above for providing this 'new light' through God's Channel here on earth that never seems to be quite in tune with anything resembling truth or accuracy.

Regardless, these olders ones have invested decades of their lives into this cult, and they won't leave now. The best they can hope for is to 'remain faithful' and if they get their 10 hours in each month, they might, just might get a resurrection.

For the younger ones, the reaction could be quite different. Many will see it as nothing but a scam and will continue to leave in droves. Some will follow in their parents' footsteps and pioneer and live hand to mouth for the rest of their lives. Many simply don't care about bible prophecies but will stay because they enjoy the social aspect.

It may not have the initial fallout of the fiasco of 1914 or 1975, but then end result could very well be worse for the Borg as tens of thousands leave.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Don't get too excited.

There are plenty of potential new recruits that can trade cassava for magazines and books.

Cheers

Chris

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Since 1995 we had 3 changes of the 'understanding'. A doctrine that was considered to be solid as a rock, collapsed like castle build upon the sand. I believe more and more JW's will find their way out, since the WT has failed tramatically to give them hope for a new world in their lifetimes..

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The way I see it, people who have spent their entire lives in this organization are most likely to remain for many

of the reason Mary stated, there is also new recruits that haven't invested much of their lives and are unknowing of past proclamations.

Its a big world with billions of people living around this 3rd. rock from the sun.

I think it comes to a situation where a individual has already developed some particular doubts then something else gets added

to the mix, to further instill more . The formula to keep people interested is to keep a proverbial carrot in front of them thats why the end is so soon

nonsense that gets spewed out of their mouths so much, judgment day is coming , so be prepared.

And they know its coming because they can see it from a top the WATCHTOWER.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I have to feel somewhat sorry for those who are STILL clinging to every latest utterance coming forth from the WTS presses. It is pitiful to see how these "loyal and obedient" (tm) followers have invested all they have and all they ARE into the everchanging lies of the men to who write for the WTS.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

The fact that they have changed the generation understanding 3? times since 1995 is showing that they are indeed working in crisis mode. Yes, there have been changes made to it throughout the 130 years of the cults existence, but the frequency of the changes made in the last 15 years (once every 5 years on average), is quite telling of a storm brewing.

This generation understanding is being tatlked about heavily. Not just by "us" here, but by active JWs. Many are puzzled, many are questioning, many are wondering what the f**k is going on. The sad thing is that many won't do a damn thing to leave.

Here's to hope.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

This generation understanding is being tatlked about heavily. Not just by "us" here, but by active JWs. Many are puzzled, many are questioning, many are wondering what the f**k is going on. The sad thing is that many won't do a damn thing to leave.

"But where would they go to?"

The mind control programming is incredibly powerful.

Here's to hope.

Absolutely! And it won't take much of an exodus to really hurt the Borg. They have already had a massive brain drain over the last few decades. They practically beg anyone and everyone with male genitalia to "reach out" nowadays because they have lost so many good brothers. And the recruitment efforts simply don't work. So their hope lies in breeding and retention, which has never been great for them. I really seriously believe that each year that passes things will get more dire for the Borg and that 2014 will be pivotal.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Agreed, we can always HOPE -

But, the reality is that people can be pretty stupid about their belief systems. Especially people like JWs who have their thought process completely crosswired by reading nothing but WTBTS nonsense.

I read some polling study the other day that claimed that more Americans believe in the proven reality of flying saucers than believe that they will ever collect social security payments.

My gut feel is that if they got away with 1975, they can probably get away with this as well.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The measure of the harm it does to the WTS depends on what you're looking for. Expecting them to go under and cease existing is a pipe dream; it isn't happening any time soon. Hoping for their growth rate to drop below 1% is a hope we might reasonably see fulfilled any year now.

• Gayle
    Gayle

A hit like 1975 would be great,,and only now we have the Internet too which would help because ones could link up,,in 1975, it was more individually and a leaving silently without a network. With the Internet the outcry/roar would definitely become more public and more global.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit