Atm machines next to contribution boxes at 2010 DC

by foolsparadise 20 Replies latest jw friends

• foolsparadise
    foolsparadise

Two friends came over and told me at the Long Beach convention they had atm machines distributed around the main lobby of the arena so the brothers could pull out cash and donate more freely. Anyone else hear of this at any other conventions of satan?

• finallyfree!
    finallyfree!

Lol!how loving of the society. Always thinking about the convenience of their dubs!

• sherah
    sherah

Some of the arenas rented by WBTS for DCs have ATMs at set locations, i think the WTBS capitalizes on this by placing the contribution boxes at or near the ATMs. How loving of them!

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

"we never pass around a collection plate".........but here's a conveniant ATM.

• designs
    designs

They want $CASH$ and the ATM fees, clever.

Be sure and write to the Watchtower Treasurer and congratulate him.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"we never pass around a collection plate".........but here's a conveniant ATM.

Every assembly I have been to..The WBT$ asks for cash right from the stage..

They always complain about not taking in enough money..

At the end of the assembly..

They announce they have enough money and will donate the surplus to the WBT$..

It`s always the same old game..

............................... ...OUTLAW

• designs
    designs

Outlaw,

Boy that struck a memory cell, I got in so much trouble for writing the Society about that guilt tripping announcement and tricky accounting 'we're in the hole big time...oooops the surplus now gets sent to Mother'.

Letters came back from the Society, the City Overseer, CO and DO plus being put on the watch list locally, literally they would have brothers follow me at Circuit Assemblies, I was now Marked and on the watch list.

Freedom

• St George of England
    St George of England

Here in the UK for quite a few years brothers have been encouraged to donate at assemblies and convention using Credit Card. Contributions, cash, cheque or credit card can also be made "Tax Efficient" so the WTS can claim the extra 25%.

George

• man in black
    man in black

I remeber eveything not associated with the wtbts would be covered, or taped over at DA's.

Has this now changed ?

• cantleave
    cantleave

I bet the cash machines charged a small commission which went straight to you know who!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit