Are they now searching book bags as the J.W.s enter the district convention arenas?

by koolaid-man 20 Replies latest jw friends

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

It's been reported that at the district convention of Jehovah's Witnesses in Richmond Virginia book bags are being searched! If this is true, what would the Watchtower org. be looking for? Guns, explosives, apostate literature, recorders, who knows, but if this is taking place, the Watchtower org. is paranoid. David W. will be one of our guests on the six screens of the watchtower conference call today Saturday July 3,2010 at 7p.m.EST.David will be explaining to us what he thinks they were looking for. Also on the call will be "super apostate" Phineas Treptow of the vast apostate army and tell us about a documentary he is filming with help from V. The documentary interviews 100 former J.W.s and maybe you can participate. It's easy to get on the call, just dial 712-432-8710 and when asked for pin use 9925. The lines open at 6:30p.m.EST. So come in early and talk with all of those who have been touched by the tentacles of the Watchtower".

• blondie
    blondie

Was it only in Richmond and if not verifiable?

In past years there have been bomb threats at assemblies which required some security measures.

I would think that non-jws visiting, family members, studies, and lookie-loos, might find this bizarre. My experience is that only building security had the legal rights to check people's belongings and that was structured. Legally, no jws, even self-styled security could arrest or detain anyone but had to go through the legally established secular security.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/30826/1/Bomb-Threat-at-District-Convention-in-Calgary

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I remember that we were searched at the DC just after 9/11.

• Watchtowers Witnesses
    Watchtowers Witnesses

Those Evil Apostates have ruined it for everyone else.

I think there is a lot of paranoia involved. What's next, patdowns at the door?

"Okay Sister, put your hands against the wall while I frisk you."

• Quentin
    Quentin

I'm with Blonde on this, don't think security has the right to serch anything, and if it were a bomb threat, or some such thing, local law enforcment would have to be called in.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Oh, I do hope they're doing cavity searches too!

• blondie
    blondie
    I remember that we were searched at the DC just after 9/11.

But searched by whom, secular security and law enforcement. jws would have no authority to do so legally.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I think it was just the attendants doing it. Basically they just took a look in bookbags. Being a "good JW" at the time and still really freaked out about 9/11, I did not give it much thought.

• blondie
    blondie

Well, it was 9/11. But I would never let them frisk me or look in my purse. I was in law enforcement and now work in law. I would never let an attendant touch me or my stuff. I would request law enforcement.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wouldn't be surprised if this starts becoming more widespread in the future. When I was in, they never searched me (but then, they never had all those stupid signs or the one towel rule, either). But, with more rules being made up about what you can and cannot bring in, it could well start happening (even for non-security reasons).

With all the things they could potentially ban, they could search everything. There are lots of ways to disrupt a Grand Boasting Session. Giving toys to the children (including your own) is one: also, giving candy or drinks to children. Apostates with a pea shooter to shoot peas at the drama while it is in session. Apostate reading material, or those new e-books. MP3 players, which may be set up to look like radio receivers and used to listen to real music. Nintendo DS systems, which could be used to play Pokemon during a session. The list goes on.

Not that security isn't also a major problem. With the increased push to recruit mental patients and prison inmates, there is a very real possibility that they could be smuggling drugs or weapons into the place. And, there is just the outside chance that another witless may be thinking of killing and eating a baby--that's what you get for pushing prisons and mental institutions for disciples.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit