IE vs Firefox vs Chrome vs.... Netscape Navigator?

by SweetBabyCheezits 8 Replies latest jw friends

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Kidding about NN. I realize this isn't the tech forum but the problem appeared here first.

Thus far, I've submitted all my posts using Firefox but for this post I'm using IE to troubleshoot some problems. Thanks to beksbks and eggnog I just realized that my posts and any FOLLOWING posters comments are not showing up when using IE to view this site. But for some reason, if I switch to Firefox or Chrome, no problem. Does anyone know if this is typical? Is this due to the fact that I used FF to submit the posts in question? What do you guys use and have you ever experienced this? Is this site optimized for a particular browser?

I apologize if this has already been discussed. I'm not having any luck with the search function either.

Thanks!

SweetBabyCheezits

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

You are soooooo such a nerd!!!

• beksbks
    beksbks
    Does anyone know if this is typical? Is this due to the fact that I used FF to submit the posts in question?

Yes and Yes.

I (not being a nerd) don't know any more than that.

Actually, I am a nerd, but not a tech head.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

I always use Firefox. So, I had to crank up the ol IE to see what you're talking about. Seems like you're a bona fide thread killer SBC!

Anyway, I have no idea why your posts become invisible in IE. Maybe you have a browser plug in that inserts some html code Micro$oft doesn't like?

• agonus
    agonus

I've taken a bit of a shine to Chrome as of late. Google is a good company, their Android platform/phones might be the only ones that give Crapple a run for their money.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Okay, look here, Misery... I have no reply to that.

beksbks, I don't know that we can say Firefox alone is to blame because PrimateDave seems to be using it without killing threads. Are there other examples of this happening that you know of? I'd like to try to nail down the exact culprit.

Dave, I'm betting you're right. Do you use the AdBlockPlus plugin? I'm wondering if it's the offending party. Sheesh, I just screwed up like 5 threads by submitted posts via Firefox (and whatever plugin is killing 'em). I guess nobody that uses IE exclusively will be able to see comments after mine on those threads, huh? Sorry, folks! :-\

agonus, I will test Chrome and see if I can cause any more problems using it. :-D Hopefully not. I've actually been looking for an excuse to run Chrome but have everything set up the way I like it in FF. This might be a good opportunity to switch.

Thanks for the help, all.

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

SweetBabyCheezits - I use Firefox with the AdBlockPlus plugin with no problem on here. I seem to remember a while back I had some problems on here using Firefox but it was something to do with having 'no script' enabled or something like that.

Hopscotch

• beksbks
    beksbks
    I've taken a bit of a shine to Chrome as of late

Cute.

Sweet BC, it has been happening for a long time now. When ever there is a thread that disappears (just as your's have today), I ask if they use FF. If memory serves, they have without exception been using FF.

• agonus
    agonus

The first time I ran Chrome, my first impression was "Gee, this is awfully bare-bones." But then I realized that was the whole point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit