JWs and medical marijuana

by dogon 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

that whole demonism drug thing I bought initially. I think it's crap now. Even when not smoked tobacco doesn't seem to have a purpose outside of addiction.

Regarding your comment on smoking, it's true and that's why I don't smoke. I use a vaporizer. When I travel, I throw a couple chocolate bars in my bag. My lungs can't take any kind of smoke.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    that whole demonism drug thing I bought initially.

That was one of the things that I always thought was idiotic - even as a JW elder. And I said so openly...while smoking is really a terrible thing for your health, I thought it should be obvious to anybody with a brain that it had nothing to do with any form of "demonism".

Another one (from the same time era) that I always rejected as being completely idiotic was the "human heart is a second human brain" nonsense that was taught for a few years in the early 70s and then just quietly retracted.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I heard about that. Something about a prop at assemblies where the heart and mind "talk" to each other. That was before my time

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I heard about that. Something about a prop at assemblies where the heart and mind "talk" to each other. That was before my time

Oh yes - I had to help make the stupid things out of chicken wire and fiberglass. They had a brain and a heart - about 5' in height. There were electric lights inside them. They had some stupid scripted play about a young guy on a date with a girl - it went like this: Heart lights up - "look Bob, I think she likes you. Maybe you can squeeze her tits"... Brain lights up - "Wait, Bob, the Watchtower says that is not for Christians until they are married"... and so on and on...

• talesin
    talesin

That's just about as stupid as comparing mj to opiates .........

• james_woods
    james_woods
    That's just about as stupid as comparing mj to opiates .........

Actually, if anything, it is even MORE stupid.

• talesin
    talesin

lol @ james ,,, ayup!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Yea I'm glad I wasn't around to experiance that medical farce. Dr's and Nurses in that audiance must have been squirming in their seats

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

You guys rock. My standard answer is gonna be that, "I don't discuss medical treatment with others so as not to discourage my brothers and sisters from developing and exercising their own bible trained conscious and relying on my choices to guide them. I carefully evaluate my doctors recommended treatments or medications with my own bible trained conscious and research. I can assure you that whatever medical treatment I choose for myself will be administered in accord with the doctors instructions. Thank you for your concern and please respect my right to privacy in how I deal with my medical challenges."

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

Oh yeah I almost forgot...."and suck it!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit