Ray Franz has had a stroke

by coffee_black 211 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Just setting the record straight. There is another thread that notes a claim on wiki that said that Ray has died.

He had a stroke yesterday, and is in the hospital. He is still alive. I am on the board of BRCI (Debbie Shard) and I spoke with Dan Dykstra (on the board as well) who was with him yesterday in the hospital and is on his way back there this morning.

We don't know who made the post on wiki.

Please pray for Ray and his wife, Cynthia.

Coffee

• bamse
    bamse

I'll pray for Ray and Cynthia. - Ray, the man who opened my eyes.

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

While I might have left without C of C I wouldn't have been able to make sense of everything. God Bless Ray and his wife for the courage they showed. I will say a prayer.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I am glad it was a stroke instead of him dying. But, even this is not good news--hopefully, it will heal with minimal (or no) damage, and he will be around another 20 years to (hopefully) lead more witlesses out of the cancer. And, it will be a slap in the witlesses' face when this "head apostate" lives to 110 years old while the remaining members of the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger class all die off younger.

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

Ray and Cynthia are in my prayers.

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

We hope he'd get better...

TTRP

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Poor Ray. I hope he gets better soon.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

We are no more or no less than anyone else, our time will come.

But what a wonderful legacy Ray will leave.

Yes, for sometime he had turned a blind eye to what was wrong, but then he spent the rest of his life making up for it.

I had the previlage of exchanging a few emails with Ray and although it always took him very long to get back to me, he eventually always did.

He is a good man, a man that asks you to follow YOUR heart and use YOUR concience and not leave it up to anyone else.

My prayers are with Him and his wife and all their friends, but I don't think Ray fears death, I think he will view it as "coming home" :)

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

Amen to that PSacramento

• Mary
    Mary

How many of us would still be in, if not for what Ray did? I truly hope and pray that he pulls through this. Please keep us posted Coffee Black.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit