Man Shot to Death at Kingdom Hall

by Kenneson 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Did Jesus say: "But if you cause one of these little ones who trusts in me to fall into sin, it would be better for you to have a large millstone tied around your neck and be drowned in the depths of the sea." Matthew 18:6

So the elders where there to kill someone spiritually (disfellowshipping) and they got a double tap to the chest.... looks like there is a scriptual basis for this.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Many times while being a part of a JC when I was an elder I would think about the accused wigging out and coming into the elders conference room with a gun or knife or something else to do us harm.

LD

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Why not, some one tries to take my family and friends away from me and black ball me... I am capable of a lot of destruction. I freely admit to it. Gotta becareful with us born-ins. We have a different view on things than those have voluntarily subjected themselves to the org.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What does the WBT$ expect..

Destroy peoples lives and some are going take it personally..

The WBT$ is run by Idiots..

............................. ...OUTLAW

• Gayle
    Gayle

Certainly sad for the man killed and family. However, unfortunately, this is the news of what it takes to expose the WTS tactics of JC and disfellowshipping people. I hope all elders hear about this and get cold feet or something about the DFing style and harshness to people. The elders need a review of their spirit of judgementalism and lack of love.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

In the past decade I recall three different men in Oregon who murdered their children and wife.

Two of them were witnesses.

One of them killed himself also, i can't help but think his intention was to "save" his family by giving them a free ticket to the new system.

The other man skipped to Mexico where he was later caught.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

If this is indeed a DF issue or something related and is repeated in other places, there may be some New Light on the horizon regarding handling DF'd ones.

Rub a Dub

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

If I'd stayed, there would have been at least 2-3 elders who'd have ended up in the hospital.

I don't like the idea of a gun. A steel pipe is much more satisfying.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Might be a good idea to start doing DF'ings via conference call... LOL

• undercover
    undercover
    there may be some New Light on the horizon regarding handling DF'd ones.

If more violence erupts at JC meetings, it could spell the beginning of the end for the old school WT tribunal.

But then again...the GB body doesn't give a shit about the individual dubs. So a crazed apostate or fornicator went off and killed an elder. The elder killed set a 'good' example of faithfulness for the others to see. And they could use the crazy act of the killer as evidence of what happens when you leave the "truth".

Sad situation all the way around...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit