Man Shot to Death at Kingdom Hall

by Kenneson 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Just saw this news article. The details are scanty. An unidentified man shot another man at a Kingdom Hall in Oregon. Don't know if they are Witnesses or why.

See "Lane Co. sheriff: fatal shooting at Ore. church"

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20100513/UPDATE/100513002

I'm about to go to work, so I want be able to check for further details. If someone sees something new, please post it. Thanks.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Sad and tragic.

A very revealing comment by one reader:

Curiously, over the past decade there have been a number of murders in Oregon which were directly related to the WatchTower religion of the Jehovah's Witnesses who either committed the murders or were the victims of such. Maybe it is time that some government agency performed an extensive investigation to determine the cause of these and probably future tragedies.

The following website summarizes 900 court cases and lawsuits affecting children of Jehovah's Witness Parents, including nearly 400 CRIMINAL cases -- most involving MURDERS -- several in OREGON:

DIVORCE, BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS, AND OTHER LEGAL ISSUES AFFECTING CHILDREN OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

jwdivorces.bravehost.com

I concur with his/her observation.

Sylvia

• undercover
    undercover

I guess the end did come...for at least that one guy...

• fokyc
    fokyc

Lowell Church Shooting Suspect Caught

http://kezi.com/news/local/173700

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Most of us have been bored to death at a Kingdom Hall but this is unique.

This satire was brought to you by the amazing Gladiator and defender of Rome.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I'm honestly surprised it doesn't happen more often. JWs seem to be under so much stress.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Several years ago a man shot at the kingdom hall as they were leaving after a meeting.

One woman was injured. As far as I know, they never found out who did it.

We all know the emotional pain we have had to deal with. But for someone to do something

like this.....

edited to add: this was my mom's kingdom hall were I live. Usually she'd be the first one out the door.

Glad she skipped the meeting that night!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

It's wierd but when I go to the Meetings I check to see where the emergency exits are.....incase of this situation! Wierd! We had a bomb blast through a Kingdom hall in Australia.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I believe as time goes on, there are going to be increased incidents like this. Many families have been torn apart by this religion and because of the pressures people crack. A perfect storm, more families divided, more pressures, more people cracking. People are not safe in kingdom halls.

LD

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I have to agree with that. I'm really surprised no one has went after the GB!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit