by sir82 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks for the update sir82.

I'm sending you a PM.

om

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

NVL, the CO wasn't on Facebook. The invite came to his email. It had to be sent from the guy it claimed to be sent from, whether on purpose, or if he clicked "yes" to allow his address book to be mined as you suggest. Either way, it isn't automatic, the invitor has to click something to allow the invitee to be contacted.

Very true. I am just speaking from experience of when I joined facebook, it offered to scan my gmail contacts and look for people in my contact list to see if they already WERE on facebook and send those people friend requests. At that time, and this may have changed, it didn't offer to email people to tell them to join facebook. So, from the experience of when I joined, the CO would already have to be on facebook to get the email, but again, that may well have changed.

I eventually deactivated my FB account just because I didn't want to be bothered with friend request, "come join this group" requests, "whoever wrote on your wall" notifications, etc.

• Lieu
    Lieu

Oh no!

FB is trying to get the olds a hook-up? All that wrinkly old flesh holding hands while sitting togther enjoying the sunsets - satanic.

FB friend requests - satanic

Happiness - satanic

Technology - satanic

One Generation that is, was, and will be - spiritual

Being a modern day Jonah - spiritual

Bizzarro!

• agonus
    agonus

"Not to mention the 1st century generation that witnessed the destruction of Jerusalem."

LOL Snow, you're right... the WT has its own Trinity now!

• agonus
    agonus

And then you have the Awake magazine, the "public" WT mag, and the "Kool-Aid" WT mag... it's an unholy trinity of magazines!

So the WT has two of its own Trinities now. I guess they're 2 overlapping trinities...

• St George of England
    St George of England

I'm totally lost on this. Why would anyone want to date a woman over 50? May as well take the wife out!

George

• nugget
    nugget

If the organisation allowed it's members to be adults they would be able to negotiate their way through facebook and other internet sites without falling into sin. It is precisely because the congregation is kept as permanent children they are not allowed to use these sites.

Did not the Bible encourage Christians to press on to maturity. The society states that this is achieved by never doing anything that isn't meeting and service oriented. This is not maturity being a grown up is the ability to function in the world and interact successfully with others without causing harm.

The generation thing is smart it causes people to think that perhaps they didn't look at the earlier article in enough detail. This isn't a change in thought at all, you just didn't get it the first time around. Typical tactic and very disingenuous.

• tiki
    tiki

paranoid over facebook....that takes the cake. if you want to go public with your life on facebook, go for it. if you don't, then don't. but this overlapping jazz is just freakin hilarious......not to mention desperate!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It is precisely because the congregation is kept as permanent children they are not allowed to use these sites.

The arrested development of born-in Dubs and those who converted at a young age is startling once you've learned a little psychology. Then it is so obvious that one wonders how it went unnoticed all those years. Oh yeah. It's because I was a victim of it, too.

• undercover
    undercover
    "Brothers, I was reading my e-mail the other day and do you know what poppped up?"
    "It was a pop-up window, advertising 'Meet single women over 50 in the (our city) area!' "...Significant pause to let the horror sink in.

mmmm-kay.... If the Internet is so evil that one might be tempted by ads for single women over 50, then shouldn't TV be just as bad? How many 'E-Harmony' and other dating/matching sites do they advertise on TV?

"Brothers, I was watching the Evening News with Brian Williams" the other day and do you know what commercial aired?"

"It was an 'E-Harmony' commercial, advertising "meet your perfect match today! Imagine! Meeting worldly people and going on a date...UNCHAPERONED even!!"

And the paranoia over Facebook...I just don't get it. It's gotten so stupid, I'm thinking about starting an account just for the hell of it and invite all my old JW buddies to join.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit