New Kingdom Hall Design

by vinman 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• vinman
    vinman
    Latest tv.org video. Only been mentally out 4 months, but Lett's concluding words made me want to vomit. The propaganda is thick. Work ourselves to death right into the new world. Boy, once you are disconnected, you realize how much you were in a trance with this nonsense.
  • Village Idiot
  • smiddy
    smiddy

It goes for an hour and 20 minutes or so ? You have to be joking ! I could not sit through a program for that length of time with these charlatans , no matter what they were talking about .

smiddy

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy
    I'm convinced more apostates watch this tripe than actual witnesses!
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher
    DHOH - Witnesses are now encouraged to have get-togethers every week to watch the "big brother" videos in a selected brother's home. (drinks & snacks provided!)
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Yes, "the searcher", the snacks will be 'cool-aid' soon!......
  • zeb
    zeb

get togethers to watch.. another night when kids cant get their home work done for school.

• hoser
    hoser
    They are skewing statistics to beg for more money
  • Bigdummy
    Bigdummy

I listened to the last several minutes of the above video with Lett. I already started

simplifying my life by living the life Jehovah gave me here on his earth. I have never

really, my whole adult life, enjoyed going to 3 meetings a week field service on

weekends, studying for all the meetings etc. Some brothers and sisters are really

gungho and deeply involved. I went to the meetings and went in service but I began

to realize that there is a whole world to enjoy right outside my front door. Jehovah

created all of these beautiful things in nature, squirrels running across my yard, birds

flying around, gardens to tend if that's your desire but it seemed like you are running

around in in field ministry to save other people ( so you won't be blood guilty) but

you don't have time to spend with your family. My wife and I had 4 children and that

costs money. I don't mind that. That's what money is for. But if everybody simplified

their lives like Lett suggests and work part time and pioneer who is going to have

valuable assets to give to anything? Some JW's may say " we will have time to plant

gardens and do such things in the new system". So if live to be 80 that means I

spent 75 years going to peoples door who don't want me there anyway and adhere

to rules and regulations with no Bible basis, and the doctrines change on a whim and

you need to hustle to keep up with the nulite. I know this sounds like a disjointed

rant but I'm not very good at putting my thoughts down on paper. I usually blurt out

my thoughts when my crap-o-meter gets peaked and then I get funny looks from

elders who think I'm trying to cause trouble. I was not trying to cause anybody any

trouble or draw anybody away from what they believe. Believe what you like. When

I work a puzzle I expect all the pieces to fit. I guess I'm weird that way. If someone

can truly explain that the 144,000 in Rev 14 is a literal number from the context of

that chapter I'm willing to listen. The GB says it is a literal number. I can't see it but

I bet if I wrote them a letter and told them I didn't believe it I'm sure there would be

some repercussions. It may be literal, frankly I don't care and don't see it changing

my life one way or the other but if you tell me if I don't believe it and I'm going to

die as an unbeliever cause you say so it irks me real bad. I'm done for now. I feel

better. Sorry for the double space. I tried to fix it but I can't. Didn't go to compu-

ter classes. Didn't have time because I had to get ready for the meetings. LOL

• HeyThere
    HeyThere
    I accidentally hit dislike trying to like this post...like like like!!! It is disturbing. This new way to continue the mind boggling indoctrination is frustrating me, because my husband is sipping on the kool-aid and though we are now at a place where he is being respectful of my decision to not be a witness, he spends considerable time daily studying and making our child study. I don't know how to wake him up. I am hoping he picks up on the crazy but he hasn't yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit