Crisis of Conscience

by WasOnceBlind 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WasOnceBlind
    WasOnceBlind
    Wow, what a great book. I started reading it today and have not been able stop. Im already 80 pages in! To read all these experiences from someone who was actually there is mind blowing. To anyone who hasn't read the book I encourage you to do so.
  • Watchtower-Free
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    We told you so! LOL Once I gave myself permission to read that book I too, couldn't put it down. By chapter 3 I was mentally out. Enjoy your future freedom!
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Crisis of Conscience in pdf
  • blondie
    blondie
    I felt the same way...I read his books....I felt like I already knew him. It kept me from being hateful about leaving and the cruel people I left behind. I never heard him ever say anything bad about the people he left behind. He was said to lose their friendship. He corresponded with many people, just about everyone who contacted him. He was not a big man, and he had a family resemblance to his uncle Fred, but that was all. He did speak as if his word was the last, he did not direct should believe or do after leaving the WTS. He had a wry sense of humor and shared with us his life as a young man, how he met his dear wife, and how he truly enjoyed sharing with others. He was treated quite cruelly, asked to leave Bethel, going to a congregation in Alabama where a kind brother found him a job and a place to live. That brother personally decided to da himself, remember this employer and landlord. The WTS was so afraid that others might follow (remember, Ray was neither df'd or da'd at that time. The rules on associating with da'd people were not clear. Ray and his wife had dinner with his employer and his wife. Then the WTS changed to rules and retroactively found Ray guilty of associating with his employer, a da'd jw. Noteworthy is that although Ray's wife had also associated with the employer, she was not df'd. Never was. It was just a ploy to poison other jws about Ray. I wish they were both still alive so people could have met them in the flesh. Ray with his elfin smile, and Cynthia bubbling over trying to feed you.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Thanks for sharing that, Blondie.

And you are sooo right. It was all about demonizing Ray's reputation. He was very highly respected at Bethel HQ. They were so afraid that he could damage them, that they strategically conspired to destroy the man. It reminds me of the conspiracy of Jezebel to steal Naboth's vineyard. Still, judging from anything he has published or stated, it appears that they could never strip Ray of his dignity.

Doc

• TheListener
    TheListener
    I've always wondered how Cynthia felt about Rays crisis of conscience. Did she follow him out right away or did she still believe everything even as he was mentally free.
  • millie210
    millie210
    Thank you for sharing more of the human side of this courageous man Blondie.
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas
    Just remember to stay hydrated, because you are going to be VERY pissed off!
  • AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

When my beloved wife read the books she ended up further left of centre than I was at the time !

Glad to say we [4] are all out now - In fact my children saw through the BS first !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit