Were you Stalked or Chased After Once you Exited the JW's by Elders ?

by flipper 175 Replies latest jw friends

• truthlover
    truthlover

sorry hit the wrong button and dont know how to erase the extras

• flipper
    flipper

TRUTHLOVER- The motive of the WT society is not to get the true number of believers who haven't dissassociated- the motive of the WT society and it's elders is to exercise more CONTROL over members who choose to fade into inactivity quietly so as to make them not associate with JW family members. The WT society DOES NOT WANT those inactive members to be considered Jehovah's Witnesses still - because these ones can still influence active JW family members to doubt their beliefs. So essentially- the governing body and WT society appointed elders have one motive - to stop the influence of inactive JW family members over their active JW relatives. Just my opinion- but I think I'm right

• flipper
    flipper

Wanted to bump this topic up as it seemed to interest a lot of people. Over 4,000 hits. Must be a common problem among exiting JW's getting stalked or harassed after leaving ! All comments and experiences welcome ! Thanks, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Considering this thread had over 5,000 views- thought people might want to comment who had not seen it. Thanks, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I was helping my former boss install her surround sound system until 9:00 pm, (after work). We lived in the same small town at the time. A sister I had broken up with some months before was a stalker and saw my car, called the elders and one sat outside in his truck and left before I did. I didn't know he was there till I got the call. "We want to meet with you." I asked if it was a JC? "No". Ok, no then. End of story till the meeting when they took me in the backroom and I gave them hell. Nothing was said again. I knew their games. W.Once

• flipper
    flipper

WASANELDERONCE- Wow. Incredible story. It shows how untrusting elders are towards male witnesses being alone with any JW women. All you were doing was helping this woman put in a surround sound system - and the elders assumed you were having hot and heavy immoral sex !

I went through something similar. After my divorce from non-witness wife # 2 - I was having a coffee at a Starbucks with a female friend. The elders hauled my butt into the back room asking me if we had touched each others private parts. " Did you fondle her breasts ? " I was asked . " Did she touch your penis ? " I felt like saying, " Well- not in Starbucks . " LOL ! It's ridiculous how the elders think everybody jumps each others bones ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Sorry, didnt see this thread until now...

Yes, Indeed many of us trying to sucessfully fade want to read how others have beat the system...I am very interested as you know, I still get calls from an elder wishing to meet with me because "something has come to their attention".

I constantly flip back and forth on my decision to either just let the DFing happen and live with the shunning, or fight it to gain my ill mother.

I value all of the poster's experience and advise, I am refusing to answer any calls & will plan to respond once I am DF'd in absentia

Thanks again

CHG

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

well... yes and no.. one elder thought he had reason to DF me. He stalked like a sick freek. I told them I would only talk to them with my lawyer, worldly husband, and tape recorder and I would make public every word that was said... I would sue them if any anounment was made about me... anyway... have not been bothered by them since. they know I ment it. my husband has a good enough job to cause them problems. they are sick people

• Twitch
    Twitch

No elder ever called or visited me, thankfully.

One sister who was a family friend paid me a visit but only once. Must've been the things I said,...

• flipper
    flipper

COFFEE HOUSE GIRL- When elders tell us " something has come to their attention " - generally it indicates a person is in trouble on their radar for a JC meeting. But it's just another way to control us through fear mongering tactics. That is smart of you to not meet with them and let THEM make any moves. I too want to talk to my JW parents, and I see you do too. We can't let the elders win. Have to outsmart them.

FOUND SHEEP- That is good you stood up to the elder stalking you and let them know you would sue them if they continued the harassment. Sometimes we just need to play hardball with them - and they will back off many times.

TWITCH- I'm glad no one ever bothered you or stalked you. It has given you more peace I'm sure

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit