Memorial Attendance: "What's Going On?"

by sweet pea 26 Replies latest jw friends

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Spoke to my dad today who attended the Beckenham (London/Kent) congregation's memorial - he said that for the first time the attendance was seriously down - 203 as opposed to last year's 250 and that Penge (congregation that shares the hall) had a similar experience. He said "it's like there's something going on!".

It's called the Internet Dad.

Can we have a roll call of numbers from those that attended please? (or if it's been covered already, a link?)

It will be interesting to compare the official figures once released. Maybe someone can post them here when they become available.

• garyneal
    garyneal

It's called the Internet Dad.

I've noticed a sudden increase in the number of newbies here on this board, too. Though this has already been talked about.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hallelujah.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I only know of a couple in this area (USA). I don't remember last year's numbers but this year's seem to be right around where they have been. If there's an increase or decrease, it's minimal around here.

• Girlie
    Girlie

The memorial I attended had an attendance of 253, but that was a decline from the usual attendance they would normally get (300+).

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Glad to hear that Memorial attendance may be down and WELCOME ALL NEWBIES!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The attendance was WAY down at my original congregation, too, I'm told.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I can tell you that in half a dozen congregations here in the UK where I know what the attendance was, they were all down 10-30% on last year's figure.

You can find more reports here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/meetups/191625/1/Memorial-Attendance-Down

• Mr Moody
    Mr Moody

I can't wait to see the total attendance and more interestingly the number of "Memorial Partakers" since that's been on the rise the last few years. Don't we have a mole in the Society that can get that figure for us....

• shamus100
    shamus100

Surely the end is near!

Lookit,

The botchtower, in my view, is an organization that will never go away. But when I see threads like this, I just giggle myself silly.

DON'T GO TO THE MEMORIAL!

Kiss me lurkers... kiss the monkey. I don't bite...

But seriously, don't go to the memorial. End the melowdrama of the borg having control over your life once and for all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit