What's a really good movie you'd recommend that most people probably haven't seen?

by A.Fenderson 140 Replies latest social entertainment

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Pan's Labyrinth is hard to watch, very violent, but amazingly and beautifully written and acted. I have problems with watching torture and violence, but I'd still recommend it.

PTSD is such a bitch, its just me, I have a hard time with that stuff.

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

2000 Canada "baise-moi"

2 women endure hardships and come to the reality of what life has thrown them

1975 Italy Salo and the 120 days Of Sodom

A group of facists try to have fun during war time. They struggle to learn anything despite the fact they are wealthy.

2002 France Irreversible

A man undergoes unbearable stress trying to uncover who violated his pregnant girlfriend.

1998 USA Dirty Work

BoB saget directs this hilarious romp that includes a hilarious cameo by Don Rickles.

1975 Italy Deep Red(profondo Rosso)

Directed by Dario Argento this fun who dunnit keeps you guessing all the way til the end

2008 Russia Philosophy of a Knife

The true story of a Japanese unit during WW2 that made the Nazi's seem somewhat tame in comparison.

1988 Japan Men Behind the Sun

True story movie about Japanese war.

2006 Japan DEATH NOTE

A very smart boy finds a notbook that allows him to kill criminals by simply writing their names in the book.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

the blind side....... my wife and i really enjoyed it.

• Confuzzled
    Confuzzled

Food, Inc.

The documentary REALLY opened my eyes to how we get our food. It is a non-political--bias view of the food industry and left me shocked. The way food corporations treat the farmer is monstrous, and the FDA is a joke. The way these corporations control what we buy is crazy. I encourage everyone to watch it.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

Tell No One (Ne le dis a personne)

The Lives of Others (Das Leben der Anderen)

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I know what you mean about Food, Inc.

In culinary economics, we learned what the FDA allows in your food...you'd never want to eat some things again if you knew. I used to work as a chef and had to take that class, and well...I just try not to think about what I'm eating sometimes.

I feel badly for farmers sometimes...they really get the shitty end of the stick. :(

Hm,..makes you wonder what someone was using that stick for, doesn't it?

• dissed
    dissed

The obvious choice is "Frankenweenie" but, "Strictly Ballroom" has a special place in my heart.

• lesabre
    lesabre

"dancer in the dark" (big fave of mine)

"osama"

just saw "the stoning of soraya m." awesome.

"the heart is decietful above all things" (a little disturbing.)

"the diving bell and the butterfly" (inspiring!!!)

"the fall" AMAZING!!!

there's a million more.. imma HUGE movie fan.

• mrsjones5
  • sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Der Untergang "Downfall"- You know the one that they parody on Youtube. This is actually a very good movie. FEGELEIN FEGELEIN FEGELEIN!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit