Not Getting Over It! Ex-JWs Face Residual Psychological, Physical Damage

by TMS 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

Yes, how do they dare admit that and prevent THEIR empire from collapsing around them, just as our world has collapsed around us?

they blame the devil, the world, governments, religions, and the present "cooling off" of the overlapping generation(s) after Russell, and after 1975.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Found Sheep: I've been out now for about four years. I'm still trying to figure out what I believe in. I was 33 and felt 18 in the sense that I had to start from scratch.

This has been my case too. When you find that everything you've believed for most of your life is wrong, a lie, it's devastating. Also, the WTBTS is good at proving the fallacies of other religions so when you realize that they too are false, what do you have left? Not much!

Someone once said that the WTBTS is good at creating atheists. I've seen many that leave the cult take that path. That's not where I am and not necessarily where I want to go out of bitterness. I want what I've always wanted: Truth.

It's humbling realized how easily we can be misled. Now I'm skeptical about anything and everything. I also have severe trust issues.

Fucking cult!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Once a person realizes why and how the WTS. mentally exploits people for volunteer labor and money it should be easy or easer.

to find your own purposeful direction. One can find a wholesome happy lifestyle outside of religious corruption.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It's humbling realized how easily we can be misled. Now I'm skeptical about anything and everything. I also have severe trust issues.

Trust issues and being skeptical about anything and everything are indeed byproducts of our experience.

Personally, I feel totally let-down and deceived every bit as much as if my wife had admitted to having an affair and lying to me about it for 40 years.

Everything I believed in and trusted in "suddenly" collapsed before my eyes.

I'm teeter between feeling like a victim and/or a fool.

Doc

• Refriedtruth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit