The brothers hacked my email!

by Erin 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Jourles
    Jourles

Think about downloading PGP(pretty good privacy). It comes in a freeware version. Use it for when you are emailing sensitive info back and forth with someone you know.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Always deny the emails they might have obtained. Insist you don't know what they are talking about and highlight that any email can be fabricated and altered.

If they would like to use that as incriminating evidence against you, then have them sign something in writing stating that they have obtained emails from you illegally.

Of course they would not do this and the Society would not condone this behaviour either as it makes them look bad. If anyone was stupid enough to sign such an admission of illegal activity, then you could take legal action.

On the other hand, if you have sent emails to another party, and that party in turn has shared your emails with the elders, the foolishness is on your part.

But the safest bet when it comes down to it is to never meet with elders and to deny deny deny everything and insist you don't know what they are talking about. "Thanks for calling..and please don't contact me over this matter again... Have a nice day"

Path

• Simon
    Simon

Do you have any equivalent to the computer misuse act? Basically, accessing someone elses information is a crime.

I agree with path - they can't use the emails against you as they are obtained illegally but then when did this stop a JC taking any action?

What you caould do is claim they are fabricated. If they want proof then get some of their email addresses off them and we can send and email from 'them' saying anythnig you want

• Francois
    Francois

Erin, I strongly believe that you have a legal cause of action against all who participated in this activity. You should talk to a lawyer as soon as possible.

Frank

• ISP
    ISP

Hey erin, sorry to hear about that. I hope they learnt a few things! They could sure do with it!

ISP

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

My father was an elder and before there were computers to trap you, by hacking your e-mails. My father would spy on person suspected of any wrongdoing, he used my truck, because people didn't know me truck as i had just moved into the congregation. He even spied on me following me when he was sure i was doing something wrong. One time he thought i didn't see him and i did and i waited for him to pass me by on the highway and then i sped up to him and smiled and then passed him. He was fuming.

• anewperson
    anewperson

Yes, and scattered across the internet over the years and in numerous anti-Watchtower books and in anecdotes and personal experiences are the persistent references to spying. As some of the others say it is a dark reality.

They call it being a Watchman, doing Joshua-Caleb work, playing congregation detective to keep the congregation pure, so on. If you have proof then by all means get the FBI or an attorney onto them then splash the further information that develops all over the internet by posting it here.

I notice some previous posters trying to cast some doubts in your mind as to the best course to procede with. The simplest course is best. Go straight to the FBI (fbi.gov) and/or an attorney.

This, folks, is going to be the biggie: rampant invasion of privacy. Be it in our bedrooms or our email, such spying is wrong - a reproach to the good name of God. How dare they pretend to magnify God's name or person while smearing it in the name of defending Mama Watchtower!

• anewperson
    anewperson

On this link Randy Watters sells a whole book much of which reveals spying by elders, although as we all know all are encouraged to report on each other, and as someone said they like to drag non-elders into a lot of the darker stuff too:

http://www.freeminds.org/sales/books.htm

• anewperson
    anewperson

Former JW elder Paul Blizzard says “As I gained status in the congregation, I was being exposed to and trained in some of the undercover work of the local elders. It was exciting slinking around in the darkness, spying on members of the congregation who were suspected of wrongdoing. I also was given access to the congregation files, which revealed the inside information of all in the congregation. I was being used in the same kind of covert operations I had seen control the workers at headquarters.”

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/2919/test.html

A question for the FBI and others involved, why do you allow the privacy rights of American citizens to be curtailed under the guise of religion? Some say the Watchtower Society passes on some of its information to you. Is that true? This Watchtower dark stuff has gone on for years.

• butalbee
    butalbee

Oh, what dirty bastard scumbags, you better check for phone taps and video survilance in or around your house. It doesn't surprise me though, it doesn't surprise me at all. Geesh----I better check for taps myself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit