Judical Committee- FUBAR decisions

by Think About It 63 Replies latest jw friends

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Good idea, zid.

I'll try the photobucket way. Will work on it tonight.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ooooo, gooody ggooooody goody!

Looking forward to seeing your posts! Don't forget; you need to create a photo file in your own computer before you can download it onto "Photobucket"..

Zid

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

The elders are just people. A cross-section of society. They are as capable of any act as any other member of society. Saying they wouldn't do such a thing is like saying catholic priest wouldn't molest a child be because of his office.

• flipper
    flipper

THINK ABOUT IT- My god - I'm glad you and your family were not hurt physically by this fricking nutcase ! He already terrorized you enough. When I was a JW years ago in the early 1980's a JW mans wife had cheated on him with another " brother " in the kingdom hall. When this husband found out - he went over to the offending guys house and beat the $hit out of him ! Then the elder formed a JC on the innocent husband and DFed him for assault ! While the couple who cheated together got off with reproof. So , yeah- I've seen crazy happenings like what you mentioned with unjust things being put forth by elders and cover ups too. I could write a book

• life is to short
    life is to short

Palmtree

I am so sorry that you went through what you did. I totally believe you as I have went through many such things myself.

I would love to see your pictures.

As far as crazy happenings and unjust things OH MY GOD could I write a book. For though who say such things do not happen, I am so glad you live in the world you do. It truly must be nice. And I do not mean that in a mean way. It must be so nice to not see the badness. My husband who was an elder for 32 years one of this favorite saying to me was to" keep my blinder on." He knew there was bad going on but don't and would't look at it, Jehovah will fix it. I was not able to turn a blind eye to it. I just cannot, I have to much as flipper would say a justice streak to me.

When we were being stalked my husband wanted me to crawl on my hands and knees in my own home for two years. I look back at the craziness of all went through and I do not know why I did it. As far as being close to Bethel and that was why you did not see this problem. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I was at Bethel. I was so much. Like the brother who was the overseer and who walked around with a base ball bat saying he was keeping the other brother in line. He said he was only joking I did not think it was funny. Oh there is so many story's to tell.

I joined a support group for victims of abuse and I went to my meeting last night. Everyone told me that the elders are trying to make me go crazy on purpose. I really believe it. The elders know I was sexily abused as a child and they are now telling me it did not happen. It is sick. This religion is sick.

For those of you that think this does not happen I am so glad you like in you little bubble. I know my husband tires to live in a bubble and I have broken it for him over and over. Maybe I am wrong to shatter his world like I do but how can you live in a bubble and still not look out.

LITS

PS Palmtree hope you picture job is go good.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"I joined a support group for victims of abuse and I went to my meeting last night. Everyone told me that the elders are trying to make me go crazy on purpose. I really believe it."

Your believing that, tells me all there is to know about your credibility.

• life is to short
    life is to short

So OldHippie

Not quit sure what you meant by that. But if you are saying that the elders are loving by telling me that my being abused sexily as a child was a just a dream of mine that I made up and that as a three year old child I wanted to see my dad naked and masturbating and I just put that picture in my head after reading happy children books and that the man at my support group who spent his whole live prosecuting sexily offenders is lying to me. That the elders are only being loving to me by telling me that I was not sexily abused and that I have just made this all up in my stupid little mind.

Then it must be nice to live in you little bubble word.

If I am wrong in what you meant then I will say I am sorry. But I am so sick of being told that I wanted to be molested as a child and that I just came one to everyone as a five, six, seven year old as my sexily abusive parents have told me and the elder back my parents.

I just told the new poster that there are people on this board who can hurt you and it is true.

LITS

• awildflower
    awildflower

Your believing that, tells me all there is to know about your credibility.

Gosh OldHippie that was truly rude. Everyone has a different experience in this org. What Life went through is more traumatic than you or I will ever know, assuming you have never been abused. I think you should clarify what you mean by that statement, really. How are you to know how one person would react to being molested. And your statement is the standard statement of jw's who don't understand, "blame it on the victim". Wow.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Thanks so much awidflower.

• Quandry
    Quandry

If I am wrong in what you meant then I will say I am sorry. But I am so sick of being told that I wanted to be molested as a child and that I just came one to everyone as a five, six, seven year old as my sexily abusive parents have told me and the elder back my parents.

I remember when I first came to this forum in 1996, and was reading constantly here and at freeminds.

One person's story that really struck me was a woman who was abused by an old witness man when she was seven or eight years old. She told her mother, who took her to tell the elders. She was made to sit at a table on the platform with her mother and three men after the meeting at night. They wanted to know if she had encouraged this man in any way sexually. She obviously vividly remembers this "godly meeting" to this day, and the trauma of having to deal with the abuse and then further abuse at the hands of these "spiritual shepherds."

The very idea that a seven or eight year old girl could "encourage" an adult man to commit child abuse is so appalling it makes me sick!

I am so sorry this happened to you. It was a situation that you had no control over. None of it was your doing in any way. You were the victem, but have had the courage to speak out and live on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit