April 15th WT/ Generation - MORE Points/ Mind Control by WT Society

by flipper 60 Replies latest jw friends

• JWalker
    JWalker

Christopher said :

"To attribute statements like this to holy spirit, I would think, and to put these words in Jesus' mouth, should constitute some form of arrogance, if not blasphemy, in my opinion."

If I know how to read, the Gospels warn us about that absolute sin : a blasphemy against the Holy Spirit !

IMO, the WatchTower is built on that unforgivable sin.

• lrkr
    lrkr

The Plan vs Purpose stuff has been out there for some time. I remember someone going on about it at Bethel (cant remember who). 'Humans plan things and circumstances can affect a plan- Jehovah purposes what will happen and no matter what comes up- his purposes come true..blah, blah, blah, blah'

They may have allowed this particular old guy a chance to put his great idea into the WT. I wish I could remember who it was- it was definately the "talking point" of someone in particular. Billy or others- do you remember this?

Its coming any day now!!! (130 years now and counting- any day now!!)

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I also think perhaps part of the scam is to shore up the 'new light' teaching even more than just the generation change..

by saying jehovah has an unfolding plan, they pave the way for any new light. Even very obvious non bible backed ideas. By extension of unfolding plan, the way is now open for the 'faithful slave' to reveal 'truths' beyond what is written in the bible.

oz

• Titus
    Titus

I am sick of this "this generation" "noo lite". I am really sick of it. Even my mother said: They should simply stop to speculate about this! Why they don't write something useful for Christians life??!!

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I'm so sick of all this redefining of trivia plan/ purpose, sanctification/vindication, generation whose the king of the north, They are clueless most witnesses don't know what they believe anymore their afraid to leave or question. after people have been putting their coins in the slot machine for decades it's hard to walk away and admit it was a waste of time and a scam. people have to try to walk away even if it hurts and seems really costly because it's not going to get better.

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for all the great thoughts and takes ! Been working a lot the last couple days - finally have time to respond. I'll take the end of page 1 responders , then come back and respond to page 2 and 3 in succession.

BOBLD- Good points you make. The witnesses aren't really dumb though, or lack intelligence, it's just that the critical thinking part of their brain has been taken over by the WT society's mind control. It's scary. If you pulled ANY Jehovah's Witness out of the environment of mind control info for a year or so- their minds would start thinking authentically again. So I blame the leaders of the WT society actually. JW's are walking around under the influence of brain damaging cult mind control. They really are incapacitated.

OTWO- I like your commercials. I've seen those , they are interesting. It shows how even young people know when they are being taken advantage of. Hopefully some witnesses will see it too.

WTWIZARD- Good points you make. The witnesses have had their brains " turned off " by the WT society so you are right- when they discuss tis at the WT study, some will probably sleep right through it. Very annoying . They don't question anything.

ALBERT EINSTEIN- Yes, I agree. How can the alleged " God of the Universe " not have a fixed plan ? It's crazy.

WASANELDERONCE- But if Jehovah, the alleged almighty makes a " plan " of sorts- how could Satan defeat it ? I agree they are a bunch of nutjobs - like you, I'm never going back.

CANTLEAVE- Exactly. How would the WT society know what Jesus was thinking 2000 years ago ? It is really crazy.

QUILLSKY- Very true. The WT society's no blood transfusion policy DEFINITELY kills people. I hope somebody really takes them to court on that issue sometime soon

• flipper
    flipper

YESIDID- Good point- How can the writing committee keep track of 2000 years ago when they can't keep track of the last 2 years ? Good point. Personally- I don't think they know their rear ends from a hole in the ground really.

LINGNO 2- Your welcome. Glad you enjoyed the information.

MAD SWEENEY- I agree. I see it like you do. The WT leaders are just trying to buy time and extend the dates of the alleged " Armageddon " to keep rank and file members dialed in and prevent them from leaving the cult. They have to keep SOME sense of urgency up to these people or they will lose interest.

THE OLD HIPPIE- Well, yes, to the witnesses they may see the word " evidently " as a sure thing, through rose colored glasses- but those of us on the outside with critical thinking ability know different.

MR. BUMBLE- Very true what you say. JW's are NOT allowed to question any new teachings outwardly at all , lest someone thinks they are being subversive and disloyal to the organization. I like the point you bring out about when the WT society gets it wrong " they are not inspired " but when they think they ae correct they are " spirit anointed ". It certainly is double speak as you stated. The bullying tactics the WT society uses are unforgivable.

BLONDIE- Thanks for the articles . I never knew that Russell's books were about the " divine plan " . No wonder the WT society switched over to saying that God has a purpose. They want their " light to get brighter ". I noticed over the years the WT society trying to distance themselves from many things Russell taught.

DARTHFADER- That is funny the U-tube of Steve Martin, thanks ! LOL !

HAMSTERBAIT- So the " unfolding purpose " was taught by other religions ? God just doing his thing keeping people waiting.

SD-7- I admire you for standing up against the elders at your witch hunt trial and speaking your mind. Good for you ! The WT society will never admit that " They don't know " the real answers about the " generation " teaching. They need to appear infallible to the masses of JW's. In actuality - the WT Socety leaders are the ones who need to humble themselves.

MICHELLE 365- Yeah, I was pretty shocked as well when reading this driveling , dishonest information. Yes, it should wake up the rank and file but it just makes them think it's new light. They are so mind controlled.

JEFFT- Yeah, I remember the points you are talking about. Back in the day in the early 1980's or 1970's the WT society tried convincing people that there was ALWAYS some of Jehovah's people living throughout history. But they were very vague about it true.

BOYZONE- I too think this information will be one turd too many for some witnesses. We shall see. But , man are they ever mind controlled !

BILLY the EX- BETHELITE- I'm really impressed with your take on what to say to JW relatives . To not get too attached to current views of Generation as they may change it again in a year or two.

MICKEY MOUSE- I agree, I think billy hit the nail on the head .

JOJOJONES- Exactly. The WT society is just tring to cover there own behinds.

SABASTIOUS - I agree with you, the WT society is just grasping at straws to convince it's members not to leave.

OUTLAW- " Jehovah is old and confused. " That's classic ! And these people are really controlled to believe in the new doctrine

• flipper
    flipper

I'll have to answer pg. 3 tomorrow. Gotta get up and work at 3:00 A.M. and I'm fading fast wanting to sleep on my keyboard right now ! LOL ! Thanks for all the thoughts ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Wow good points made here!

• flipper
    flipper

Alrighty then. I got a good nights sleep . I'll answer page 3 now.

JWALKER- The WT society REALLY IS putting words into Jesus mouth- that he didn't even say ! It's crazy. If there is a holy spirit- I'm quite sure the WT society has crossed the line and sinned against it.

IRKR- Even though I was in the witness organization for 44 years- I never paid attention to the " plan vs. purpose " stuff. I guess it just didn't interest me. But yeah, any day now Armageddon, right ? LOL ! 130 years, hell- with their new overlapping theory the end of the system may go 200 years !

AUSSIE OZ- You bring up a really good and valid point- that part of this scam is getting JW's used to accepting " new light " so they will be conditioned to accept virtually ANY new light down the road in the future. Pretty conniving and manipulative of the WT society for sure. And wow - they sure HAVE gone beyond whats written in the Bible - haven't they ? Ridiculous.

TITUS- Good point. I think even the WITNESSES are sick of hearing stuff about the changing " generation " theory. It it's driving us ex-witnesses nuts - just think what it's doing to JW's ! Of course- they are already nuts- maybe they don't notice.

NANCY DREW- Very true. I think EVERYBODY, witnesses AND non-witnesses are sick of seeing lame justifications by the WT society for as you said, " the king of the north & South " , " generation ", etc. I mean - who gives a flying fart anymore ? The WT society has changed their views so many times it's like the boy crying " wolf " too many times ! I agree with you- witnesses do need to walk away because it is only going to get worse with the extreme mind control tactics and the WT society ruling every move in these people's lives. I think it's one reason JW's are so depressed and sick all the time actually.

BUTTERFLYLEIA- Hey, how are you ? I'm glad you are enjoying the thread. Cool. Take care

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit