April 15th WT/ Generation - MORE Points/ Mind Control by WT Society

by flipper 60 Replies latest jw friends

• yesidid
    yesidid
    how would the writing committee know what a man was thinking 2000 years ago.

Especially when they don't even know what they themselves were thinking two years ago!

y

• lingno2
    lingno2

thanks flipper your effort is appreciated

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

That "unfolding purpose" comment goes against the oft-stated concept that "Jehovah has set a specific date and He won't be late" they've peddled for decades.

Overlapping generation, unfolding purpose...there is no doubt they're trying to extend the time in Dubs minds, probably to counter the psychology of 2014 and the clear discouragement infecting the rank and file.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"The loaded expression " EVIDENTLY " leaves room for doubt. "

Not so in WT articles - there it means "clearly", "100 % certain". That is how it is understood.

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

Hi Flipper Mr Bumble here Any one who has read the first few chapters of genesis will clearly see that God has a an unaltered fixed purpose and as far as God is concerned it is accomplished. We as humans merely have to sit tight and watch it unfold in faith. It is true that in his word he has given peoples certain landmarks to give confidence in his purpose and i don't have a problem with people enjoying-sincere-

-speculation and 'getting it wrong' 'I do that myself,' providing it is only speculation and people have a right to disagree. However this is not the case with the WT org. their so called new light is absolute at the time and there is no room for discussion or debate, they view that as disloyal and diversive. They will only change it when the GB realise they have it wrong then comes 'The Double Talk'-'We are not- Inspired' It's Human Imperfection' 'Theocratic- Ajustment' 'Wrong Expectation' 'Tacking in the Wind,' more like p****** in the wind and blame any disapointment by the rank and file on a lack of faith because in their tiny minds and arrogance they believe they have a monopoly on God. I know this has all been said before please excuse me. They turn on their own and split families apart because of not agreeing with mere SPECULATION. When they get it wrong 'they are not inspired' When they think they are correct 'their spirit directed'.- 'DOUBLE TALK'. Iam not suggesting that individuals cannot receive Gods spirit of direction in their lives and that God would not reveal the progessive understanding of his word that may benefit others but it's not exclusive to any one person or religion and people have the right to enjoy their God given FREEDOM OF CONSCIENCE to make up their own mind without bullying tactics from the org.or any individual.

Enjoyed your comments flipper as usual Mr.Bumble.

• RosePetal
  • blondie
    blondie

The WTS started changing the term "plan" to "purpose" early and continues.

*** dx30-85 Purpose ***

difference from "plan": po 9-13; g57 12/8 25-6; w41 94-5; w34 195; jh 307; w30 101

*** w95 5/15 pp. 24-25 Part 2—Flashes of Light—Great and Small ***Increased Light on Terminology

"The congregator sought to find the delightful words and the writing of correct words of truth." (Ecclesiastes 12:10) These words might well be applied to our present subject, for light has shone not only on such important matters as doctrine and conduct but also on Christian terminology and its accurate meaning. For example, among the Bible Students, one of the most beloved publications was volume one of StudiesintheScriptures, entitled TheDivinePlanoftheAges.However, in time, it was realized that God’s Word speaks only of humans as making plans. (Proverbs 19:21) The Scriptures never speak of Jehovah as planning. He does not need to plan. Whatever he purposes is sure to succeed because of his infinite wisdom and power, even as we read at Ephesians 1:9, 10: "It is according to his good pleasure which he purposed in himself for an administration at the full limit of the appointed times." So it was gradually seen that the term "purpose" is the more appropriate one when referring to Jehovah.

• darthfader
    darthfader

When I read about the "Unfolding Purpose" I thought about this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymucqmjJs20

(Steve Martin's "The Jerk"... Special Purpose...)

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

This idea of an "unfolding purpose" has been taught by the Evil Churches of Babylon for a long time.

They call it "Gods will outworking itself in the course of history" or words to that effect.

HB

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

So this is yet another step toward the borg becoming a Magesterium clone. Great.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit