C.O. Talked about the fact that we may die in this system

by life is to short 54 Replies latest jw friends

• JWoods
    JWoods
    I think this must be in the outline. My CO said somthing very similar last month. He brought out the fact that his mother thought she would live to see the end but has now departed and that he may also like his mother not see the fulfillment of the promise in his lifetime. But this is something that we are hearing more and more. During a public talk the speaker also spoke along these lines. I think a lot of people are really starting to think or it could be conditioning and trying to smooth the waters as we get deeper into this system of things.

Very interesting. Maybe in fact somebody in the writing department at the WTS is kind of hedging their bets on the end of the system of things? Possibly they have a secret fear of backlash on the change in "generation" after all?

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

I was at a District Convention a couple years ago. During one of the talks, the speaker interviewed an elderly guy who was baptized at the famous 1958 International Convention. He said that he had fully expected to be in paradise by now. I found that to be a surprisingly honest expression.

The fact of the matter is that there are TONS of witnesses out there who feel just like this, so it has to be addressed. For most of them, it's not going to be enough to push them out. But it will encourage them to slow down, live a more "normal" life, send their kids to college, etc. I've seen quite a bit of this already.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I remember in the late 80's after I was baptised I thought how bad the world conditions could actually get and how far from those conditions things really were.

You know thinking the worse case scenerio.

Logically, it would take years upon years for things to get like I imagined.

BUT,

It never left me emotionally that it could be right around the very next corner.

I lived like I may never die, not thinking too far in the future.

The pricetag is pretty big for chasing that dream.

purps

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The CO said does this mean that Jehovah's Witnesses were wrong? NO!!!

In Watchtower World..

Being Wrong,makes you Right..

That only sounds Crazy,if you think about it!

THINKING!!..

.............................. ...OUTLAW

• JWoods
    JWoods

Of course, according to the strict JW eschatology and theology of the mid-20th century, a lifetime JW who dies prior to Armageddon is technically in no better place regarding the resurrection into the new system than say some fairly righteous Calvinist of the 15th century who hardly went to church.

Or any better off than an ordinary non-JW 20th century person who died and might well get resurrected into the new system prior to Armageddon.

Which would bring up the logical question: SOOO - what was the point of washing floors and windows and using practically every waking hour up until death pimping for the false hope of an end in your lifetime?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

You cannot simultaneously "live you life like the end is coming tomorrow" and also prepare for the long haul. It's the difference between sprinting and pacing yourself.

These people are farking morons. Exemplified by his going "through the questions in April and was not to be dunked until June and every morning he would wake up and run to the window to make sure that the system had not ended." Talk about a dumbass!!

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

The CO said does this mean that Jehovah's Witnesses were wrong? NO!!! Jehovah is not slow with what he promised (Habakkuk 2:3).

I would raise my hand and ask, "So what would being wrong look like then?"

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

So what about all the window washers who have no savings, no health insurance, who have horrible health because of eating so bad because of not having enough money to buy good food. What is Jehovah going to do for all the 60's and 70's year old people who gave their youth for the cause?

At least Jehovah will provide good nutritious food, health and dental care for his select chosen GB members,

for the rest of their lives. The point has always been that the Watchtower hierarchy have always looked after their own asses,

which of course everyone in the organization kisses continually. WTS corporation/organization affiliates these individuals with money and prestige

that they know is worth maintaining for their own benefit and well being.

There will always be this hierarchy since there are many down in the ranks that would like to be in this glorified position.

Will the Organization change doctrine as needed, to keep the operation in profitability, absolutely without question.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The older ones of the cong. , if they are honest can see themselves dying in this world now. The resurrection is their hope.

It is a wonder that the Org is able to turn this failure into a rallying cry for more ministry, but they do....???

• JWoods
    JWoods
    It is a wonder that the Org is able to turn this failure into a rallying cry for more ministry, but they do....???

Probably a subtle thing is going on here - i.e. that the new goal is not so much to survive armageddon, but rather to die after a lifetime of faithful FDS loyalty and servitude.

Of course, that violates previous doctrine, but in watchtowerland, what does a sudden change of life & death doctrine matter?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit