March Broadcast- Jehovah is speeding up the work

by adjusted knowledge 29 Replies latest jw friends

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

I watched some of the segments on the jw broadcast. In the video they showed how they managed their inventory orders for the congregations. At the conclusion it was stated by the narrator how God is speeding up the work.

The problem is the system they implemented has been used for over two decades in Logistics. There inventory management system is very similar to Amazon, Walmart, and Target. They've been lagging for more than two decades and then claim God is speeding up the work.

What they really are doing is making their logistics more efficient to lessen labor hours.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Indeed. Long gone are the days when the wtbs was an innovator. They were a decade behind the internet and are still lagging in so many technical areas.

I also have to lol at the idea of the desert god speeding up the work.. That claim is a 100 years old. The poor guys is either extremely ineffective at speeding things up or the organization is moving so fast it appears to be standing still. How much faster can it possibly go adter 100 years of acceleration lol ?

• hoser
    hoser

The wt will never be on the leading edge of technology if they keep their current management strategy in place.

It is a top down hierarchal system. If a lower member comes up with a better way of doing business either the idea or the individual is dismissed.

I have worked for companies like this in the past All of them went bankrupt.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Totally hoser! In fact, while i always could see the "business" aspect of the religion, more than ever it feels "corporate" in way i never imagined.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Ditto.

All indications are that corporations (and religions) that will survive and thrive in the 21st Century are the ones that abandon that structure.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The business model for the WTS was once literature sales, has now turned toward real estate development and sales Realistically why shouldn't since the WTS has many of its owned properties such as individual branches in distant lands being sold off, to the actual HQ of the WTS in Brooklyn New York netting close to a billion dollars.

A probable reason for the new development money tithe being placed onto each congregation. $$$

Looks to me like the WTS wants to down size its literature proliferation and focus on its real estate holdings to increase its profit margins. The push to digital proliferation is growing on a rapid scale and acknowledging the cost saving to the organization in doing so is not to be missed.

Well Holy Jesus on a IPad.

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    I have a feeling that in the next generation they are going to exploit "worldly education is evil" to develop their own accredited higher education (most likely some cheesy distance education) and then say all higher education except ours is forbidden. More control+More money=WTSuccess.
  • hoser
    hoser

All indications are that corporations (and religions) that will survive and thrive in the 21st Century are the ones that abandon that structure.

the problem is that it is almost impossible to change the mentality of management unless an outside manager comes in and cleans house. Things will have to get a lot worse before they get better.

businesses go through phases entrepreneurial, maintenance and decline. Old joe rutherfraud and Nathan knorr created the Jehovah's Witness religion as it was from the 30's to about 10 years ago. They were the entrepreneurs. Fred Franz and co. Maintained the religion as it was until late 90s early 2000s. IMO the Jehovah's Witness religion is in the decline stage. The business model just doesn't work anymore. Thus the rebranding to a new jworg religion.

The biggest problem with companies that fail is that they promote yes men. This results in every generation of management being spineless and unable to make the tough decisions needed to navigate an ever changing business climate. They stay stuck in the 1950's while the rest of the world is in the 2015. Things change, and they change fast. If you are not adaptable you are left behind.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Jehovah is speeding up the work - he always seems to be, doesn't he?

Sometimes I think Jehovah's chariot needs to be pulled over by the celestial highway police - like it's doing 60mph in a built-up area and swerving all over the bloody road

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

The couple who started our bible study told us that the Speeding Up scripture meant that it was taking less time for their bible students to progress to baptism.

But maybe it really means people are taking less time to learn ttatt!

Marina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit