My Son is studying the lie, this is long but I need help !

by oldflame 87 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

As terrible as those things were and are they pale in comparison to the bloodbath caused by the adherents to your set of Beliefs.

You should be ashamed and embarassed over your groups vileness but you're not there yet, we understand how that process goes.

You'll get there, its a journey.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Wow! What an intelligent rebuttal!!

Same here issue here :(

Blessings,

Stephen

• designs
    designs

Tragically your group has little grounds for pointing fingers at JWs when its past and present are so rotten. Fortunately anyone can study history and see what a bloody mess your group made of each other and all of those innocent civlians. Some day you'll step back and see it for what it is.

We learned that process and I have every confidence you'll experience the same awakening.

Shalom aleichem

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hmmm. I'm bored... Guess I'll play with the troll for a while...

'Designs'...: "Tragically your group has little grounds for pointing fingers at JWs when its past and present are so rotten.."

"Your group... your group..." What 'group' are you referring to, little man?? 'Designs'. As in 'designs' on undercutting the Jehovah dot net board, hmmmm??? Do your elders know where you are???

Zid

• designs
    designs

Zid Zid, you're smoking crack lay off the pipe and take the brain tansfusion . If you don't know what religious persuasion Stephen is by reading his threads you've flunked your comparative religions classes.

Shalom aleichem

• oldflame
    oldflame

Update:

Well he has not replied to me and it has been 30 hours ago since my last letter to him. He says on his myspace that he is agravated with a little red smily so I don't know if that is towards me or the JW's. I guess I will give it another day and see what happens, I full well knowing what to expect is probably more than likely will turn on me.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

I'm with Black Sheep on this one, ask him to prove you 607BC which should be easy or not? I don't buy into trinity but believing in 1914 invisible return of Christ based on make believe date is like believing in a tooth ferry.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Don't chuck the whole damned garbage can at him. Just tackle one subject at a time and don't get sucked in by red herrings. The primary target must be the claim to be selected by God in 1919. Any subject that does not directly support that claim is a waste of time. Time is precious, don't squander it by frightening him off.

One subject.

One subject.

One subject.

One subject.

One subject.

One subject.

Cheers

Chris

• boyzone
    boyzone

I agree with Black Sheep. Chose one subject and stick to it, that way you'll have more of a concentrated impact.

Have you got a copy of Captives of a Concept by Don Cameron? The book is simple to follow and focuses on whether JW's really are "God's Organization". It takes a look at the evidence and puts it concisely and clearly. Worth buying as it'll give you much focused amunition you can pass on to your son. (But NEVER tell him that you've got the book - he will dismiss everything you say immediately if he knows)

http://www.amazon.com/Captives-Concept-Anatomy-Illusion-Cameron/dp/1411622103/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1265531981&sr=8-1

• maputo95
    maputo95

Mmmmmmmmmm, the theologians of the most ancient universitiies in the world accept the idea of the Trinity and that includes Oxford and Cambridge. It to me has mystical meaning about the nature of life, physical and spiritual. However, I wouldn't make a big deal of it. God is difficult to conceptualise anyway and I respect Muslims etc who do not delve into the Trinity. Whatever concept one has of God is valid for that person. It's not the Arianism of the WT I abhor but it's hatred of World culture and its insistence that all except them are wrong and satanic and its high contol absurd policies on blood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit