Is regularly texting/phoning someone (not your partner) cheating?

by sacdfan 41 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

1) 20 txts is ok but 21 unnaceptable

2) she should leaving him but not because hes cheating but because he is an idiot. Call her lover from his house phone?

3) They could be having tex-sex-fieldservice

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

its completely unnaceptable if your partner is unhappy with it, but it also depends on the nature of it. ive chatted to people on skype and msn regulary who may be married but the topic of conversation is not in anyway intentional to get in there with that person.

• sacdfan
    sacdfan

Looking at some of the replies, I was wondering if this was quite common among pioneers - they spend a lot of time together each day - at least they do if they are pioneer partners (not married partners - just pioneering partners) - and it would be better if they partnered up with somebody of the same sex I suppose - otherwise they could get really close.

Think of it - in a divided household where the woman is a JW and the man isn't, if the sister was pioneering and spending all her time with a pioneering brother, the marriage could be at risk. She would be going out on the ministry each day without her husband, going to meetings and conventions without her husband - no wonder marriages get to breaking point when one is in and one is out - I'd never really thought of this before.

I think the whole thing is really unhealthy - I am going to see if I can get my sister to look at this website so she can read some of your replies - this will help her more than anything I can say to her.

• Married to the Mob
  • yknot
    yknot

In my KH male/female pioneer paring must be related by blood or married to each other.......

Though couples might go out in FS and 'swap' wives for a street or two.......

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

The sad truth is that if one of the partners in a marriage is unhappy and is looking for an out, that's when the potential problems start - texting, instant messaging, emailing, phone calls, whatever, is only a symptom and the other partner cracking down on it will only exacerbate the situation. I'm not in any way condoning infidelity or the steps that lead up to it, but perhaps a more frank conversation about where they each are in the marriage is called for. If it turns out to be nothing, at least words that can't be taken back will not have been exchanged.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Although my thumbs get sore merely thinking about texting someone 20 times a day, that's just me. For your sister, the only issue is honesty/secrecy. Is he deleting the messages immediately or is he happy to let her see the messages? If he's secretive about the messages then I'd know instinctively that emotional cheating was happening.

• sacdfan
    sacdfan

From what I've been told, my sister wasn't aware that he was phoning or texting her - her husband hid the whole thing and she never even heard him speaking to the elder's wife on the phone - also I don't think she has seen the texts - I'll ask her later - maybe she can sneak a look.

• yknot
    yknot

"Sneak a look" .........he doesn't know she knows

Well now that is a horse of a different color!......They have monitoring software/apps for that!

If this is the case.....she needs to go covert!

Or she simply needs to get a hold of his phone tonight and forward all these text to her email or phone too!

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

When I was doing that.....I was cheating.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit