Do JWs women use Birth Control?

by Mr. Monday Night 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Mr. Monday Night
    Mr. Monday Night

Do JWs women use Birth Control?

I always wanted to know what their views were on Birth Control. Does anyone know?

Ciao,

MMN

• Farkel
    Farkel

My JW former wife did, using the pill. That was in the late 1960's and there was no Pharisaical sanction against it.

There were three good things about that: 1) she didn't get pregnant, 2) her periods were very regular and 3) she always knew which day of the month it was.

Farkel

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Of course JW women are allowed to use birth control! The Bethelites don't want kids do they?

• Farkel
    Farkel

:The Bethelites don't want kids do they?

No, they don't. There are already way too many candidates for the Darwin Awards.

Farkel

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

However, if a brother gets a vasectomy and someone is stumbled he may lose the ability to "serve" in the congregation.

It supposedly shows a lack of respect for the reproductive organs.....(but a condom is ok? yup)

Never could figure that one out. Also never heard of anyone getting in trouble for it.

They always use the excuse " It was for a medical reason"

No s**t... my kids are driving my crazy too!

• ziddina
    ziddina

When I was still married to a JW, the 'pill' was frowned upon, but not banned outright - another example of 'using one's own conscience'... Anything that approached the abortion issue - and the 'pill' causes a first-month hormonally-induced 'spontaneous' abortion - was viewed as taking a human life... Things like IUDs were also frowned upon, as was a 'tubal ligation', which was my birth-control of choice once I escaped the WTBTS...

While still a JW, I took the pill anyway... Deep down, the thought of being chained to that JW hubby because 'we' had a child together was WAAAY more frightening than breaking any of 'gawd's' laws - I knew I wanted out, and also knew that having offspring would slow me down [in escaping the WTBTS...] or lock me into the JW lifestyle...

Zid

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I was on the pill until my husband got a vasectomy.

• restrangled
    restrangled

I never had to, was told I was lucky to get Pregnant both times. (I lost a baby in between my boys)....I wonder if I had a little girl.

r.

• flipper
    flipper

Why would JW women need to use birth control ? They don't even have sex for Christ's sakes ! I know- I was married to one for 19 years. We had 3 children through osmosis and luck. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• hecouldbewrong
    hecouldbewrong

Three kids? You must have been batting a thousand!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit