Question about disfellowshipping/disassociation

by TweetieBird 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Alco Cop
    Alco Cop

Maybe if they're threatened with a lawsuit. I've seen that work. They run. ... and you're right it's "rubbish"... "seriously".

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

In this case, she first told an elder of the wrongdoing (sort of) then got texts from him and another elder, also got an email and sent reply texts and emails back so at least 2 different elders got the same information, just at different times. They wanted to meet with her but she didn't want to be submitted to an interrogation since she has no intention of changing courses at this time, probably never. Fortunately she is the only person in her family that was a JW and has only a handful of close friends that are so for her to walk away was not a big deal. I told her that I would never shun her so she is okay with the whole thing. She was just wondering if they announced her and since I haven't been to the KH in months I have no idea.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Depending on the hounder, they could take that as a disassociation. They might also send the hounders to make sure the person is in fact not going back, or they can pretend not to notice.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Update- it appears that they have not made any announcements, which is strange because all of the texts and emails were sent over a month ago. Is it possible that they will just leave her alone since she's not going to any meetings and not associating with any JW's?

• notewe
    notewe

If she has already told them of a wrong doing...and has no intention of coming back, most likely after many attempts of trying to contact her...it will be announced that she is no long one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Sounds like what she wants anyways right?

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

She doesn't care either way, she's done with all of it. Mainly just curious.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

and not planning on stopping

That's all they needed. She DA'ed herself by saying she is not planning on stopping the WT-defined sins.
    They simply announce that she is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses and it's up to her to show up and insist that the announcement was improper. They would only withdraw such an announcement if she proved it wasn't her that sent the email or if she totally kisses their asses and says she's sorry for sending it and will do whatever it takes to stay a JW.

This is not a legally defendable position. She admitted she won't stop the thing she's doing. End of story.

• Frank75
    Frank75

Anyone who would call Blondie's comments "rubbish" about elders following legal protocols, is either naive or disingenuously apologetic toward JW's.

The courts (at present) will not interfere in internal organizational affairs (be it soccer leagues or religious tribunals) if the organization follows its own rules through the process. Check any legal reference library for ample case law.(US and Canada)

This is even true when the organizations practices are unconstitutional ie discriminatory against women etc. However there is a breeze of change about this that may close the gap between how these orgs operate.

The WT is a legalistic organization built upon a highly developed, "legalistic" approach to the bible and its own belief/conduct system. It is all about following the rule of law (current interpretation of it).

This is why the Society has established protocols that the majority elders are extremely eager to follow. It is why they study their KS book and letters before JC's. They need to dot i's and cross t's. Not only for the CO and Brooklyn overlords but for the outside chance Caesar wants to take a look.

Frank75

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit