Well my "winter' yard decorations have caught the Elders attention !!!!!

by troubled mind 42 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Wow I guess the Elders still do exisist ! I wasn't sure since they have only stopped by once in the last almost four yrs.

Here is what has them all in a tissy.......

I guess the lighted deer and lights on the railing screams CHRISTMAS .....I was going for Cheerful winter ,guess I overshot.

Here is how the conversation went :

Two Elders :all big smiles and friendly " HI We were just stopping by and wondering if you were aware of the meeting time changes ??? "(goes on to elaborate the BIG changes . Could we come in and talk for a moment ?"

Me: "Yes actually we are aware of the new changes ,but as you can see I am really sick today (I have a bad cold and sore throat )And I don't want you to catch anything ...." ( keeping them on the porch out of sight of my 3 minature trees inside the living room :)

Elder : "Well the thing is we were just wondering because of your decorations outside ....."

I interrupt and say "Yes isn't it pretty makes gloomy winter so much more appealing ! " excitement in my voice ..

Elder: " well yes I know you have always liked to decorate ,but what we want to know is are you now celebrating Christmas ? "

Me: " Well I'm sorry like I said I'm sick and need to go in now ,bye ."

Elder: " Can we come by another time then ?"

Me: "Sure ,another time,"

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Yep - looks like you are well and truly rumbled.

You will now be disfellowshipped and die at armageddon.

ps = have yourself a merry little christmas.....

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Grr! So damned nosy! Sorry you had to endure that, for the record I think your winter decorations are adorable.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I have discussed it with my husband and I don't feel they deserve to know anything about my personal life ,and when they call again that is what I will be telling them .

I don't feel any need to send a DA letter and because we have been inactive now for almost four yrs, without any sheparding on their part they no longer have any say or privilege to information about our personal lives .

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

((( we have been inactive now for almost four yrs )))

Isn't it disgusting that they still hold people accountable for their actions even after such a long time.

Your decorations look great.

Heavy snow here in the west coast of Scotland tonight - very festive.

The Scotsman

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You`ve been gone for 4 years..

Your a big girl..

You don`t need to answer to anyone..

I like your Decorations!..

......................... ...OUTLAW

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

If I remember correctly, jws have a BIG problem with wreaths, even ones that aren't Christmassy...but for the life of me, I can't remember why.

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

I like your deer. I wanted one like that but have nowhere to store it. They will probably be back within a week so be ready. If they think you are doing Christmas, they will automatically DA you.

• Perry
    Perry
    Elder: " well yes I know you have always liked to decorate ,but what we want to know is are you now celebrating Christmas ? "
    Me: " Well I'm sorry like I said I'm sick and need to go in now ,bye ."

That's Priceless.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

You should have greeted them at the door with a cheerful "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Solstice".

The reindeer and the wreath with the christmas theme ribbon definitely said christmas and not winter wonderland. But after four years, they should have just kept walking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit