Christmas tipping for the postman, yard guy, newspaper boy, etc?

by restrangled 16 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

Do you tip these workers? I didn't know what to do. My Yard guy has been great, and I have given him a few tips throughout the year. Today was his last lawn day before Christmas. I asked several people and no one had an answer.

He left a nice Card from his family, now I feel bad that I didn't give him a little extra.

So do you tip all these people, and what percentage?

r.

• minimus
    minimus

Tell them times are tough and give them a few lottery tickets totaling 25 bucks per person and who knows? you might be giving them a great tip!

• minimus
    minimus

I wouldn't give anything to the postman, BTW.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Wasn't this similar to what the English used to call Boxing Day?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

OUTLAW`s Christmas Tip:

"Put sugar in your Christmas Tree water..

And..

The pine needles won`t fall off so fast"..

What yard guy would`nt like that tip?..

• restrangled
    restrangled

Outlaw, hee hee hee

Times are tough, so I didn't leave the tip.

Our Newspaper company sent an insert letting us know who are delivery person was....and that they work very hard. It kind of ticked me off.

r.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I believe that it is illegal in some countries to tip the postman. As for the UPS driver, I would not tip any "delivery" guy that habitually has the sticker written up before coming to your door, runs to the door without your package but with the sticker, pastes the sticker to the door (with the truck still running), aims at the doorbell button, and then sprints back to the truck and speeds away.

• blondie
    blondie

No tipping the postal worker.

I tip the paper person....

I don't tip my haidresser...she owns the shop.

Yard guy? Why would I tip my husband, eh?

If I frequent a restaurant on a regular basis and get the same server...I get a little gift for them.

It all depends on the relationship and frequency you deal with someone who provides service. We had the same mechanic for several years and acknowledged that with a card/little gift. He would not take cash.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Well, my boss and all of his neighbors in a very wealthy community are giving a BIG money for Christmas to all of the Security Guards that guards the gated community 24 hours/7 days a week 365 days a year. They basically earn minimum wages and they drive very beat up and very old cars.

• asilentone
    asilentone

postman makes pretty good money, they do not really need the tip.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit