Baptism

by Aeiouy 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Aeiouy
    Aeiouy

Good God Garyreal. That video is disgusting. Well not the video I mean. The content. Again I ask myself, "How did I not see this sooner???" Funny thing is, I remember reading that recent Awake article. I remember it struck me as odd, but went along with my training, believed it, and promptly dismissed my feelings. Again I say, Yeesh!

Aeiouy

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    You could have been a baby being baptised into the church. Then when you were 10 went through classes became confirmed ands start partaking communion because mom n dad wanted you to. How is that any different?

Difference #1: When you quit going to mass and confession, you won't be publicly denounced from the pulpit and lose all your friends and family (making mama cry is punishment enough).

Difference #2: If you later decide to come back you are welcomed, not snubbed and looked down on while you serve a year's probation.

It isn't the the act of child baptism that's different, it's the way the WT tries to hold it against you!

GLT

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

According to the elders in my JC, my faith isn't allowed to change. I made a vow. A life long commitment. And I have an obligation to uphold that vow.

Garyneal hit it on the head. July Awake of '09 says it all.

"No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit