Aluminum Poisoning by Charles T. Betts - download link

by VM44 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VM44
    VM44

What about soft drinks in aluminum cans? Wouldn't that cause a health problem according to what The Golden Age published?

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I used to work for the National Institutes of Health and researchers did acknowledge that the brains of Alzheimer patients tended to contain excess aluminum. Whether this was due to anti-perspirants or cooking in aluminum, no one knows. It could be that the disease causes the body to metabolize aluminum in a different way. Just because the evidence isn't there doesn't mean to just ignore the potential risks. Quite a few people at NIH were suspicious of close proximity of cell phones and the use of aspertame, too, though they admit the evidence wasn't there. I went though a number of meeting places for some of their conferences, and almost no one drank diet drinks. There were Coke cans, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper and others, but very, very few were diet.

One researcher told me that if any of them spoke only on suspicions that it would risk their funding and call down the wrath of various lobbies. Generally they want 10-20 years for something to manifest itself in society. The bottom line is that while one should be wary, there's not enough data to be dogmatic. That's where the Watchtower fails. They think they know everything and they want their declarations to be taken as scripture.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I found an interesting link on this topic that I would like to share.

http://www.thedietchannel.com/Alzheimers-Disease.htm

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Thanks for that Kenneson. The stories of aluminum in the brains of alzheimer patients is started out as bad science, and snowballed into an urban legend.

Quick Summary:

1) Alzheimer patients had no excess aluminum originally (but this was not noted)

2) People studying their brains used a dye on the cells (which contained aluminum)

3) The alzheimer brain is more "spongy" and absorbed the aluminum in the dye

4) Lookie - this alzheimer brain is full of aluminum!! It must be the cause!

Idiots.

• Caedes
    Caedes

VM44

Aluminium soft drink cans are coated these days.

• VM44
    VM44

Download this now before the link goes away.

VM44

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

This link seems to have expired. I'm preparing some material on this topic to present at my church and I'd love to get a copy of this material. Does anyone have a current link?

• VM44
  • VM44
    VM44

On pages 198-199 of the book is a letter from Clayton Woodworth, editor of The Golden Age, that is interesting.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Thanks, VM!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit