Coded Phone number for Kingdom Hall attendence.

by Joshnaz 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Can people use a prefix (141 in the UK on BT lines) and still dial in to the call?

I'm just wondering. It's just an academic question, I don't need to. I could still dial in if I wanted to, but so very much don't!

• smithmandy1
    smithmandy1

@chariklo do you have a uk login to a cong? if u have could I trouble you for it? lol

• fugue
    fugue

If you dial in but don't want your incoming phone number being logged, dial *67 before dialing the phone number (in the U.S.; I don't know how you do it elsewhere.)

The hall I apostasized from used KHCONF and they changed the passcode every month. The administrator code was 111111 for a long time, but now they've changed it to something else, so I can't eavesdrop anymore.

• fugue
    fugue

oppostate said:

The local administrator of the account can log into https://report.khconf.com/

and see who called in and for how long. If they see any strange numbers, like

numbers outside the area code they'll try to do a reverse look up to see who the

phone belongs to, and if they can't find out they will discuss the need to change

the pin number, then publishers who want to listen in have to call the Coordinator

for the new pin before the meeting. That's the standard procedure locally.

What happened with me was: my former congregation changes the pin number monthly. But I figured out that the administrator's passcode was 111111. A few times, I dialed in and listened to little snippets of the meeting by going in with the admin code. But you only get to listen for like 12 seconds, then it drops the call. I did it the night that my DA was being announced... I wanted to actually hear the announcement.

After that, I dialed in with the admin passcode a few more times... then someone must have logged in and seen that I was dialing in, so they changed it.

That's why I recommend that anyone who dials into KHCONF uses the *67 prefix to mask their number.

• moshe
    moshe

I have gotten, so-oo hard of hearing when it comes to any WT talk---

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit