How to get rid of the mold on the baseboard in one of my bathrooms?

by asilentone 14 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

I googled for solutions on the internet, some say use bleach, some say don't, etc......I am kinda of confused, so thats why I am turning to you for help. Thanks!

• snowbird
    snowbird

A solution of vinegar and baking soda.

Spray or rub on and let stand for ... oh, about one hour.

Voila!

Sylvia

• JeffT
    JeffT

Repaint with a product called "Kilz" it works wonders. It is really the primary coat, so you'll need to do a second coat on top of it.

• avishai
    avishai

bLEACH WORKS, VINEGAR WORKS, RUBBING ALCOHOL WORKS.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Alternatively you can replace the baseboard. It's a great excuse to go out and buy a compound mitre saw.

W

• Gregor
    Gregor

The home products work temporarily. Kilz lasts longer.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

We have tile instead of wooden baseboards and it never mildews.

But then, this is Florida and tile is used everywhere here.

Rub a Dub

• undercover
    undercover

Place WT magazines along the perimeter of the bathroom, facing the baseboards. Stand in the middle of the room and say aloud JEHOVAH several times as you circle, facing each wall for several seconds and then pray outloud for the mold demons to vacate the premises.

If that fails, clean them with bleach and repaint using stain/mold resistant paint, like Kilz.

If you try the first method, please videotape and post here...

• sacolton
    sacolton

You are all wrong ...

The correct JW answer is:

Perhaps you're not doing enough in your ministry work. Put more hours in. Jehovah takes care of his own.

• DJK
    DJK

I have never had a problem with a solution of bleach and water. For the small cracks you can't scrub easily I use an old tooth brush. An unwanted toothbrush is a very valuble tool sometimes, I always save a few in my tool box.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit