2009 Sing to Jehovah Lyrics--PDF----by request!

by Atlantis 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

2009 Sing to Jehovah Lyrics--PDF----by request! Request from researcher: I heard about this file but never received a copy and wondered if you had it. Can I get a copy? Thanks, Margie! ________________________________ My comments: Sure! Mr. Bond provided this file for those who wanted it. Bookmarked Searchable Reduced Click the link at the bottom of the next page. http://www.sendspace.com/file/el5u6l Cheers! Atlantis!

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

Here's my favorite: We have God, the Holy Spirit, and Jesus Christ. Oh wait. Jesus is out and has been replaced by "the slave", God's steward.

011 Making Jehovah’s Heart Glad

(Proverbs 27:11)

1. Great God, we’ve vowed to do your will;

In wisdom your work we’ll fulfill.

For then we know we’ll have a part

In making glad your loving heart.

2. Your slave, your steward here on earth,

Proclaims your greatness and your worth,

Feeds us with nourishment when due,

Thus strengthens us your will to do.

3. Impart to us your active force,

That we may keep a faithful course

And bring forth fruitage to your praise

And thus make glad your heart always.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Advertise, Advertise, Advertise the Slave and their Kingdom!

I'm thinking this would be a great new catchphrase for the Dubs.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Did jesus get a mention, anywhere? They complain about jehovah supposedly getting taken out. They are doing that to jesus, in their wrtings.

S

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

I can't find the song in there that ends with.

'... And I reveal my inner-most self.'

• donuthole
    donuthole

"Christ’s brothers are chosen and called. God gives them their own new birth. This bride class will share in the Kingdom And bring Paradise to this earth.

(CHORUS)Praise Jah for his holy Anointed."

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

I agree with Satanus after skimming the songs. Not much Jesus, not much about what He has done for us, not much good news. TONS of stuff about what YOU MUST DO, SHOULD DO, to get blessings, rewards, etc. Even where it mentions "Ransom" or "Forgiveness of sins", it doesn't go in depth about what this means, etc. It's almost like just thrown in there to make it sound somewhat "Christian." It reminds me more of songs someone would sing who has joined a military organization, songs to hype you up, and keep you going. I think the hymnody of a group really does reveal a lot!

I hope it's ok, but as a contrast, i wanted to post one of my favorite hymns. It's become popular lately in Contemporary Christian music, by various groups. It's called Before The Throne of God Above by Charitie Bancroft (a contemporary of Russell actually, LOL) I just love it, because it is pure Gospel. It's all about Christ, and His work for us, and its benefits! Nothing about us, how dedicated we are, should be ,etc. (some nice renditions of it are on YouTube. THe music is beautiful also.)

Before the throne of God above
    I have a strong, a perfect plea:
    A great High Priest, whose name is Love,
    Who ever lives and pleads for me.

My name is graven on his hands,
    My name is written on his heart;
    I know that while in heaven he stands
    No tongue can bid me thence depart
    No tongue can bid me thence depart.

When Satan tempts me to despair,
    And tells me of the guilt within,
    Upward I look, and see him there
    Who made an end of all my sin.

Because a sinless Savior died,
    My sinful soul is counted free;
    For God, the Just, is satisfied
    To look on Him and pardon me
    To look on Him and pardon me

Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Praise the One,
    Risen Son of God!

Behold him there, the risen Lamb
    My perfect, spotless righteousness,
    The great unchangeable I am,
    The King of glory and of grace!

One in himself, I cannot die
    My soul is purchased by his blood
    My life is hid with Christ on high,
    With Christ, my Savior and my God
    With Christ, my Savior and my God

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Stay awake stand firm and grow mighty.....ever loyal to the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

Is this for real? I can't believe it! Look at some of the lyrics about the "faithful slave"! This cult is just becoming more and more cultish. Where the hell in the Bible did any apostle or person mention that they need to follow and obey such a "faithful slave" on earth?? Nowhere!

From song 43:

2. Stay awake, and keep your senses,
    Always ready to obey.
    Stay alert to Christ’s direction
    Through his faithful slave today.
    Heed the counsel of the older men,
    Who protect his sheep and truth defend.
  • Pineapple
    Pineapple

OMG OMG not only are there a bunch of new songs but the lyrics for the old songs have been totally changed sometimes the words are completly difernt and several times they just completly take out a whole verse. looks like most if not all have reduced down to 2 or 3 verses max.

I can just see it now the songs are going to be all buchered up with one word changes here and there... all the older ones are going to be so confused cause the melody might still be the same but BAM the words are all funky now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit