Judge Rutherford Cadillac

by possible-san 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

This web site goes through some of the Classic Cadillac V16 models of that generation.

Intersting stuff http://www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_txt/V6srv30.htm

• JWoods
    JWoods

Well, maybe another JW urban legend shot to hell...(maybe)...

If the original photo was really of a 1928 car, which certainly looks to me like it is - then this would NOT have been a V16. Cadillac was still using the V8 in 1928, the first year of integrated Cadillac, GM, and Fleetwood management. The V16 appeared in late 1929 as a 1930 model.

Still looking...

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Thats the information that I've looked into also, regarding the V16.

This particular car looks very similar to the convertible owned by Da Judge

http://www.pbase.com/noyphoto/image/103859010/original

But it appears to be a two door and not a four door as JR had.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Homer, wonder if the second car came a few years later and if it were the V16, then that is how this legend got started?

I also noted that this was a pretty mass-produced car from 1930 up to 1940; hundreds per year by average - compared to the handful of J and SJ Duesenbergs of the same era.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

I'd have to agree with that JWood, the Sedan doesn't to appear to have any badges as most of the V16 had and they seemed

to be the most elaborate of the series. The 1928 sedan was most likely a V8 and the convertible which was located in San Diego was a V12 or a V16.

If it was kept in San Diego or southern California it may have very well survived, due to drier and warmer climate.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

This photo is reputed to be from 1930. It looks like a scan from a newspaper, so the date is probably correct.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

TIME March 31, 1930 has the two cars, the garage and Beth Sarim deeded to King David, Gedeon, Barak, Samson, Jepthae, Samuel and sundry other mighties of ancient Palestine.

Cheers

Chris

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Whats kind of weird is that picture that Black Sheep posted, which I've seen also,

that particular car looks like a two door but the other one looks like a four door ....strange

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

These are three different cars. Note the visor in 1928

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Yes I think so too Black Sheep, could there possibly been a third Caddy hidden out of sight, maybe kept at Beth Shan

for JR use ? The two cars look similar in color and year except ones a 4 door and the other is not.

Maybe its just the way it was photographed originally or the way it was scanned , squishing the picture at the sides making

the car look shorter than it actually is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit