U.S. Federal Magistrate Judge, the Honorable B. Dwight Goains, a Jehovah's Witness

by jwleaks 23 Replies latest jw friends

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

The current sitting U.S. Federal Magistrate Judge, in Alpine, Texas, is a Jehovah's Witness and is set to retire on November 9, 2015.

LINK TO NEWS ARTICLE

Federal magistrate to retire

March 19th, 2015

In conversation with the Honorable B. Dwight Goains

By SASHA von OLDERSHAUSEN

On November 9, the Honorable B. Dwight Goains will retire from an eight-year term serving as the U.S. Magistrate Judge in Alpine, Texas. At 66 years old, Goains has nearly 30 years of experience working within the U.S. legal system – first as a criminal defense attorney, then as a federal prosecutor, and finally in his current position as Magistrate Judge. The Big Bend Sentinel/The International sat down with the judge to discuss his career, his thoughts on the U.S. court system and his plans for retirement. See the interview below...

What are your plans for retirement?

My wife and I are both Jehovah’s Witnesses so we put a lot into our Kingdom Halls and have always promised Jehovah God that the day I’m eligible to retire, I’m going to retire. We’re both going to be full-time pioneers. We’ll be knocking on doors, starting bible studies, teaching people what the bible really teaches.

Has your line of work ever been at odds with your religious beliefs?

They don’t because one of the big things about the bible is that is says you pay Caesar’s things back to Caesar and God’s things back to God. Jehovah’s Witnesses obey the law, they pay their taxes, they respect the government, and they follow the laws of the government. If it’s against the law to run a red light, you don’t run a red light.

LINK TO NEWS ARTICLE

"Jehovah's Witnesses obey the law." - U.S. Federal Magistrate Judge B. Dwight Goains, a Jehovah's Witness

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

wow.

I wonder what his view on the WTB&TS Pedophile Paradise might be? Does he think they are false charges trumped up by "apostates"?

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Oh, I see. The Judge was able to put off full- time ministry because he felt it was more important judging others than warning his neighbors Armageddon was coming....s...o...o...n.

OK.

Bet he has a great pension.

• Miles
    Miles
    I'm really surprised that the big boys up at Brooklyn have not asked him to go join the lovely bethel family. I bet he will be headed there soon, they need a person that is well versed in the law to defend their BS.
  • Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    yeah they'd love to have him on their legal team. i'm sure he basically has an open invitation to join. they could definitely use his insiders knowledge of the Fed. court.
  • Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

What's he gonna knock on doors with ? His retired gavel?

I bet he makes GB in record time.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

This is another one that will be a Regular Pioneer, but, won't be putting out 70 hours a month in FS. He will be invited to serve on the Legal Team, as if he wasn't doing so already.

Anyways, I don't mean to speak negatively about a person who retires and chooses any voluntary work to do. All the best to him

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Well I'm glad he is going to spend his retirement serving the watchtower corporate interest and passing out literature he should probably get one of the sing magazine carts for a retirement present, then he can stand outside some busy intersection and point people to the JW.org web site for all their bible questions.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

U.S. Federal Magistrate Judge, the Honorable B. Dwight Goains, a Jehovah's Witness..

A Judge with Questionable Judgement..

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    Judge Rutherford would be so proud as he looks down from his heavenly home in the Pleaides.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit