e-mail news media-expose Michael Jackson's Jehovah's Witness connection

by koolaid-man 15 Replies latest jw friends

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

The news media seems to be reluctant in bringing up the fact of Michael Jackson's involvement with Jehovah's Witnesses. The public deserves to know the adverse influence the Witness belief system imposes on people. The Watchtower Organization seemed to instill much fear into Michael Jackson as you can read in the following e-mail being sent to news agencies. It would be good if members of this board could write e-mails as well to all local as well as national newspapers and television stations to let everyone know the Michael Jackson Witness connection. Feel free to forward the copy of the e-mail below to anyone who can "take this story and run with it". Subject ...Who really killed Michael Jackson?

The loss of Michael Jackson is a tragedy and the world justifiably mourns as they have lost their pop icon. Michael Jackson made such a huge impact in the world of music. As the news leaks out on the life of Michael, it exposes a darker side, a mysterious and eccentric man. At times, Michael acted very odd, displaying unconventional behaviour. Michael Jackson's problems and difficulties have been traced back to his childhood. What should be considered and has been totally avoided is Jackson's connections with Jehovah's Witnesses . Michael, for many years, along with other family members were involved with this very esoteric, secretive organization. It would be easy to establish that so many of Michael's behavorial problems can be linked to the Watchtower Organization , otherwise known as Jehovah's Witnesses. This Organization prohibits so many normal activities of life, which indeed does create mental anguish and stress, especially for children. Jehovah's Witnesses cannot celebrate birthdays,Christmas,Thanksgiving, fourth of July, Mother's Day , and so many other normal activities which can be wholesome and encouraging , especially to children. Young Michael,growing up in this cultic environment,no doubt had adverse affects in Michael's life.This authoritarian, restricting Organization was not happy or proud of Michael's making of the video "Thriller". They made Michael feel guilty and obviously put undue stress on him, suggessting the video promoted spiritism. Proof of this is easy to document. The film begins with the disclaimer:"Do to my strong personal convictions, I wish to stress that this film in no way endorses a belief in the occult.-Michael Jackson". The Watchtower publication Awake May 22,1984 page 19 states "nevertheless, it was so realistic that some who saw it admitted they were horrified at first. What was this short film intended to convey? How does the performer, Michael Jackson feel about it looking back?" The article continues, "I would never do it again!"says Jackson. "I just intended to do a good, fun short film, not to purposely bring to the screen something to scare people or to do anything bad. I want to do what's right. I would never do anything like that again."Why not? "Because a lot of people were offended by it, " explains Jackson. "That makes me feel bad. I don't want them to feel that way.I realize now that it wasn't a good idea.I'll never do a video like that again!" More should be said connecting Michael's problems to the Watchtower Organization. His mother,Katherine, is to my knowledge still an active Jehovah's Witness and according to Jehovah's Witnesses doctrine she was not supposed to be even speaking with her own son, as he was no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses. One can only imagine the strain this Organization put on the Jackson family. As a former Jehovah's Witness, I'm very aware of the guilt and fear the Watchtower Organization instills in the minds of their members. I have a website that documents all the Watchtower is hiding behind. www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com Examine this site, especially screens 4 and 5 to substantiate what I have said.Feel free to contact me [email protected] Thanks Rick Fearon, Massachusetts

</form>
  • The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Have you not read the forum rules on spamming Rick perhaps you should.

The connection he had with the JWS is just a small part of his total life story, the oppression he experienced while a JW child

contributed to somewhat to his behavior as a young adult, thats a valid assumption, buts its certainly not the whole

story to be sure.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Get over it already! He WAS a JW at one time in his life. Like him......everyone who can should just disconnect from their past and start enjoying life.

Some can't because of family. I understand that! For those who can.....JUST get a life without thinking you have been chosen to expose everything about the JW's.

You can't even make a nick in the JW infrastructure. There's more happiness in having a good life without everyday of YOUR life trying to expose what you think might be a tidbit of scandal or discretion.

Get happy dude!

HappyDad

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I don't think this email is out of line at all. It gracefully says what many exjws, including myself, have been thinking.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I don't think this email is out of line at all. I agree.

• jws
    jws

I think it's a bit ridiculous. Maybe being a JW left a few scars. It has on most ex-JWs. But are we a bunch of psycho freaks because of it? The kid grew up performing all over. I remember one documentary a few years back that said they'd perform at strip clubs. A 6-year-old boy in the environment of a strip club, getting ready in back where the strippers are all changing? The types of people he met were other performers, roadies, people who worked in nightclubs, bar owners, bartenders, waitresses, promoters, etc. I've worked in those environments. Some of those people don't have the best values. At least not the kind a little kid should be seeing. And he had an abusive father. It's not exclusive to JWs to have abusive fathers. Not to mention fame and what that does to a person. I'll bet MJ didn't remember a time when he wasn't famous to some degree.

Sure he may have missed birthdays, Christmas, etc. But c'mon, the congregation was looking the other way. In 1970 the Jackson 5 put out a Christmas album.

All you have to do is look at a multitude of ex-childhood stars and see how screwed up they are. Then look at all of the ex-JWs and see how screwed up they are. I think most ex-JWs may be a bit bitter, maybe sometimes a bit dysfunctional, but overall can blend with the rest of the world and aren't much more scarred than your average non-JW and things they had to deal with. I'd venture to say the biggest thing screwing up Michael Jackson was his fame and musical career, not the JWs.

I get the feeling the congregation loved having celebrities in their midst and nobody pushed them too hard to obey the rules. Look at things like the Christmas album. Even MJ's "Off the Wall" album in 1979. Look at the lyrics to some of those songs. Could you imagine your elders being OK with those? But they obviously let him get away with it. I don't know all of the songs, but "Don't Stop til you get enough" was very disco at a time when the JWs were publishing articles about the dangers of those beats leading to fornication. Thriller came out in 1982. I'm not saying anything was shocking. But if you're a devout JW, you're probably not going to be singing some of those songs. But it wasn't until he came out with the Thriller video two years later that he ran into trouble with the JWs. And I'll bet it wasn't the local congregation either. I'm sure either Brooklyn or some DO didn't like MJ's career to that point and decided that was the final straw.

I've known JWs that are very straight laced. Listen to only "wholesome" things, etc. I've known other JWs that are more like I used to view a lot of worldly churchgoers. Came regularly to meetings, but were indistinguishable from anybody else outside of the hall. They believed it all. But they didn't seem to get that the rules say you shouldn't live that way and nobody at the hall seemed to mind. I think MJ and his family were more like that.

I don't really think anybody gave him a hard time so I don't see how his being messed up relates to being a JW.

Assuming you're buying into the whole "he didn't have a childhood and lives like a child to make up for it", then maybe missing birthdays, holidays, and normal kid things might be a contributing factor towards the whole picture of things he missed out on because he was a performer. Personally I think the reliving his childhood thing was a lure to get kids over. I didn't have birthdays or holidays either, but I don't overcompensate now.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Come on people you don't all of his personal problems are directly related to the JWS and his particular history with them ?

This is just an opportunistic shot at him for being involved with the JWS and Rick Feron is just using it in a exploitive way

to spam his web site.

Are you happy now Rick ?

• shamus100
    shamus100

I have to agree here -

That entire paragraph makes me think it's a bit nutty to say the least.

If you want to see people with real problems, go to a third-world country. This is absolutely nothing!

• cantleave
    cantleave

MJ's level of involvement with the Witnesses was minimal at best. He was due to the ambitions of his abusive father, performing on stage and screen rather being a full time witness. I doubt very much whether his behaviour had anything to do with his mother being a Witness. Let's not forget that he was a genius and there is always a fine line between genius and crackpot!!!!!!!!

• DT
    DT

I think the email brings up some good questions and valid points. I hope the traditional media pays more attention to this.

I know you and your site get a lot of criticism. I personally found your site to be very useful in my deconversion. Others don't like it and that's fine. It gives the impression of a classic "apostate site" as many Witnesses imagine it. It may turn some people off, but these same people might then be less cautious of other critical sites that seem more innocent and less like the stereotype they have in mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit