False teachings of a JW?

by ruchristians 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ruchristians
    ruchristians

I have verses from the NWT that contradict the JW teachings. Does anyone want to try to explain this to me?
    how bout this...

Col 1:16, in talking about Jesus, says that"... All [other] things have been created through him and FOR HIM". If Jesus were Michael the Archangel at the time of creation, would an angel have created all things for himself? Isa 43:7 says God created "everyone ... for my OWN glory ..."

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

I think most here on this forum are aware of this already.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Most here will not choose to debate this point. One request, however.... Please do not feel compelled to enlarge on this point. Whatever you wish to believe is just fine and dandy with us.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    Does anyone want to try to explain this to me?

No I don't feel like explaining anything today. I am doing a scientific study on how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop.

One, two, three........

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Jeremy's Hate Mail Hall Of Fame.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/ and [email protected]

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

ruchristians.

I dont know if you are an ex-JW or a Christian interested in discussing JWs but I have to agree with the others that this point is well known here.

My advice would be to save it until the next JW knocks at your door. Or even better, stop a couple in the street and invite them, to come and study with you!

Let us know what happens. THAT will generate plenty of interest here!

• accuracy
    accuracy

You cannot correctly understand Col 1:16 by isolating it to itself. You have to read it in context with the surrounding verses.

Also, you have to understand that the verb ektistai, in the Greek perfect tense, is not here referring to a creative act in the far-distant past, but one that continues and that includes the work of Jesus as the Messiah.

Col 1:16 is not referring to just the beginning of creation, nor to the status of the Logos at that time.

• ruchristians
    ruchristians

accuracy,

your answer doesn't seem to help. Let me ask if your a jw?

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

First I'd like to point out that almost everyone on here are ex-JW's.
    Secondly, if you are familiar with their errors already, heres some more ammo for your neighborhood JWs:
    The word [OTHER] in Colossians 1 in not there in the greek at all-- JW's panel of under 10 people that didn't know Greek, Hebrew or Armaic translated the NWT themselves and changed a lot--including adding the word [other] so they could screw up the meaning of the verses. I'm not making this up :) - check the intro or whatever to their 'bible' and it will tell you anything in []'s is inserted to help the passage "make sense". Try taking the word [other] out and see what the verse seems to say.
    "He is the image of the invisible God, the Firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and things on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all thing, and in him all things hold together."
    (sorry it's NIV instead of NWT but their 'bible' is in my cults research box at the moment :))
    For further info on this you can e-mail :)

• 607BCisAbigLIE
    607BCisAbigLIE

Adonai:

And more worse is that they based their translation (the NWT) on a greek text version from Wescott and Hort, the most controversed greek text of them all, according to exegetes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit