District Convention Audio?

by Hikaru 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Hikaru
    Hikaru

Excuse me. I read in a topic that someone had the audio to the convention? Is there anyway they can come forth and send them to me? Or any other way to provide them? My two online best friends wanted to hear the talks, and I was unable to obtain a digital recorder in time. They agreed to listen to them if I could get them.....which is really saying something. Since one is an Aetheist and the other believes in humanity too much. But a chance is greater then nothing.

So if anyone has the audio, PLEASE give me. >.<

It'd be great if it was the Tuscon one that was just held the29th-31st. As that is the one I went to.

But I'll take whatever I can get at this point. Just no fakes.....please.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If one is an athiest and the other an humanitarian, why would you want them to hear a talk from an apocalyptic doomsday cult with 120 year history of prophetic failure?

Just go and have a beer with them and enjoy their company without the cult BS getting in the way.

Cheers

Chris

• Black Sheep
  • Hikaru
    Hikaru

Maybe because I care about them both more then anything and want to save them? They agreed to listen.

Can someonewith the audio that knows the meaning of generosity provide them please?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If you don't get the audio from someone else here and you really "care about them both more then anything and want to save them," then you should be willing to find a way to get a recorder and attend another 3 days of convention and record it for them. After all, lives are at stake and you "care about them more than anything."

It's probably illegal to post such recordings, so go back to the convention.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You can't save them.

You are not God.

All you can do is get them to believe a group of men in Brooklyn, who have made fools out of most of the posters on this forum, who wasted a goodly part of their lives waiting for an Armageddon that is way past it's 'use by' date.

Get a life.

Cheers

Chris

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

How can you want them to become apart of this organization? You say you want to save them and yet you don't even stop to think about what it would mean if you yourself didn't have the "truth".

I too was at the Tucson convention. Do you know what I heard? I heard logical fallacies about how Evolution is impossible just because it contradicts their interpretation of the Bible. I heard about how gay marriage is immoral and how False Religion( tm ) is trying to make said marriages legal. I heard ridiculous appeals to emotion through a drama that put forward the notion that if you leave "SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN" and that all "worldly" people are strictly in it for themselves. I heard through that same drama that the idea that humans should do our best to make the world a better place is a waste of time. Instead, all of us should "keep on the watch" for the end of this system which is, no doubt, just around the corner. Just like how it always has been for 2,000 years.

I'm going to guess that none of the above made you feel even a hint of doubt. There's a point where it's impossible to get a cultist to reason and I'm fairly certain that you're at that point.

However, if someone reading this does have the convention recorded it would be a good idea to give it to her. Hiding away the information will not keep her friends from converting. If they can listen to the whole convention and are still willing to join the org than I'm pretty sure that they deserve it.

Also, why the fuck are you even on an "apostate" website? Don't you release that we're going to "poison" your thoughts away from Jehovah?

• Hikaru
    Hikaru

I'm on an apostate website. Becauseeven though I know it's apostates, I'm aware that somehow you guys get a hold of things that otherwise are hard to get a hold of.

...and were you the person holding the sign outside? No, nevermind, I'd rather not know.

To answer why not just go to another one? Options are limited. Grandma does not want to go to another one.

I just need the audio, please? What more do I have to do? Literally beg?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    What more do I have to do? Literally beg?

Yes.

j/k

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

"...and were you the person holding the sign outside? No, nevermind, I'd rather not know."

No, I was the guy poring gasoline all over the convention center. It's too bad I forgot my matches.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit