The hidden message in the June 15 2009 watchtower.

by Hobo Ken 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

This study will set the tone for future-proofing the Watchtower Society Doctrine that their Governing Body is "the faithful slave" mentioned in parable by Jesus in Matthew24.

I thought as I read the study article starting on p.20 that the most important thing about this piece is what is missing, what is not said.

The first paragraph sets the tone of what they are trying to convey.

"while giving the composite sign of the last days Jesus said, who really is the faithful and discreet slave?"

I believe what they are doing with the opening paragraph is placing the authority and position of "the slave" within the context of the signs of the times thus attempting to validate it. WITHOUT MENTIONING WHEN THEY BECAME SUCH.

They then say that Jesus would "reward" and appoint this slave over all his belongings. Again crucially no time frame is given for this event.

As the article progresses the usual warnings and spiritual "food" is of course served.

Look at paragraphs 6. under the heading " The slave appears"

" it came into existence in 33c.e." They use a legitimate Bible event and claim that was Jesus "starting off" the "slave Class" in Pentecost.

The stuff that's then discussed about who did the teaching is beside the point, the real question is do they have the modern right to BE THE TEACHERS?

So how do they move through the gears and apply this ongoing "class" to themselves in modern times?

Usually we would find a dogmatic statement like " Jesus appointed this faithful slave in 1919 after he arrived in kingdom power in 1914"

It is nowhere to be seen!!!

I firmly believe that since it is a provable fact that 1914 is being mentioned less and less in the WTS publications then it would follow that the year 1919 also will be devalued as the two dates are inextricably linked.

This article would be the perfect place to reinforce the 1919 dogma to the Rank and file JW's in a private study article.

Of course there are no scriptures that support the assertion that Jesus arrived in 1919 and appointed the WTS Governing Body or President to such a position, but since when did the Bible get in the way of a good WTS doctrine?

The Governing Body is well aware of the weakness of their chronology which begins with the year 607 and ends with 1914.

The book "gentile times reconsidered" delivers a fatal blow to the significance the wts attach to 607. They know this. They have the manuscripts.

I firmly believe they are moving away from these dates and the claims associated with them. Instead they are using something altogether more tangible.

Please look to paragraph 11 where they make the link between the opening statement in par. 1 and the claim that the "slave" "appeared" in 33ce.

This paragraph states that "Jesus words clearly indicate that there would still be a faithful and discreet slave class living on earth at the time of the end"

What words of Jesus? Matthew 24:45 " who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics to give them their food at the proper time?"

Where in this verse which they quote from is Jesus referring to a "class"?

Where does Jesus say they would be "living on earth at the time of the end"?

These are suppositions that the WTS have to insert to validate the claims which are made in this paragraph.(11)

"As a group this remnant has been appointed over all of Christs belongings here on earth."

What would these belongings be?

This is the most important point which is in my opinion hidden in the rest of the flannel this article contains.

The "belongings" are the "kingdoms earthly subjects". Yes the 7 million Jehovah's Witnesses are proof that this slave has been appointed!!!

The belongings are also "the material facilities used in preaching the good news" Yes all the Kingdom Halls, Assembly Halls, Branches, Printing operations and the worldwide Headquarters in Brooklyn N.Y. are PROOF THAT THEY WERE APPOINTED!!!

What more does an honest-hearted need by way of proof than that?

We exist so therefore we are what we say we are. Classic circular WTS reasoning. Who can argue that there are NOT 7 million JW's around the world and all the of the "material facilities"?

This is a far easier position to substantiate and maintain than the 1919 "appointment" considering it has no scriptural , historical and logical weight behind it. It is becoming almost laughable to mention the date of 1919 in relation to their claim of God-given authority considering we are a decade into th 21st century.

I now think that this is the new "Proof" of their authority. The JW aren't going to be hard to convince , most of them cite these reasons as to why they believe it's "the truth" so why not base your authority on it as well? Makes sense.

I asked my brother about the scriptural validity of 1919 and he said "well yes, it was around about then, but we don't want to be dogmatic about it"

It is a bit late to say that , or is it?

Matt.

• Hobo Ken
  • journey-on
    journey-on
    What would these belongings be?
    This is the most important point which is in my opinion hidden in the rest of the flannel this article contains.
    The "belongings" are the "kingdoms earthly subjects". Yes the 7 million Jehovah's Witnesses are proof that this slave has been appointed!!!

Next thing they are going to want is the belongings of the belongings.....(Is mandatory tithing on its way?)

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

Hey Ken. i just had a thought, - its friday night, we left the witnesses, is it possible you spend more time studying the watchtower now than before?

lol I am just teasing by the way, but I think after all that you should have a beer. x

• snowbird
    snowbird

If the "slave class" appeared in 33 CE, I wonder why the Risen Master didn't use one of them to appoint the Apostle Paul?

Or, one of them to give instruction to Ananias?

Reading chapter 9 of Acts convinced me how absurd the WT's position is.

Sylvia

• sir82
    sir82

I don't think they are ready to abandon the dates 1914 & 1919 yet, and probably won't, at least officially, for many decades. But it is interesting that neither date appears in an entire article justifying the authority wielded by the Governing Body.

• wobble
    wobble

I met with a bunch of Dubs in the supermarket this morning,(my Dub Alert radar must have been switched off)and one old timer said to me "I think its time they moved the goalposts again" he was referring to the lack of any fulfillment of their predictions, I replied "If theyhave to move the goalposts yet again,who is directing them?" he quickly moved the conversation on.

But I guess you are spot on,Hobo, the Dubs will all swallow this latest silliness as Noo Lite ,instead of new shite, which it is.

Love

Wobble

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

>creativehoney

Lol you are probably right on both counts. Now I have a reason to study their BS. Expose them and get others out and stop people joining.

I need a beer.....

>snowbird.

You think you are having a laugh when you say "I wonder why the risen master didn't use them to appoint the apostle Paul?"

That exactly what they say in paragraph 9 of this same article "his appointment was confirmed by the Governing Body in Jerusalem".

The phrase Governing Body does not even appear in the Bible!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe they get to say whatever they want.

>wobble.

Spot on.

They swallow, we spit.

H.K.

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

>journeyon

Empty your pockets.

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Hobo Ken

This is interesting. I have been thinking for a while that somehow the WTS is going to have to quietly drop the 1919 thing. So many today have access to the internet and are able to find out what rubbish Russell & Co were actually teaching in 1919, the year that they were supposedly appointed as the faithful and discreet slave. Not long before my family started shunning me I tried to point out this to them, telling them about Russell and the pyramid thing and all the other ridiculous stuff he was teaching, but my sister just said to me "haven't we (JWs) moved on from there!". Typical witness, head in the sand about what they actually believe, response. But in my opinion there is too much knowledge out there today about the origins of the witnesses that the WTS will have to try and distance themselves from it. Just my take.

Hopscotch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit