The hidden message in the June 15 2009 watchtower.

by Hobo Ken 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

>hopscotch

The 1919 dogma is a claim without evidence which they would rather re-engineer to make the evidence based in a modern setting.

You are right about JWs reaction when you bring up the past teachings...."it's all refined now so it doesn't matter".

Switched on people will realize that doesn't wash and that Jesus would have been insane or blind to appoint them in 1919..

>wobble

Correct.Long live the www.

>password.

Lol I'll take that as a compliment. And interestingly there was no plagarism involved so........

Also you are correct , do most jw's even care about the roots? No. It is what it is. Bigger things to worry about like you say.

>wtwizard

I reckon they've had their fingers burned too many times to go back to date setting, but they still need a mechanism to keep the bros. on high alert...You are right about the numbers being shady too. I reckon alot of the growth comes from family coming of age and developing countries that don't know any better.

>Iknowall and diamondiiz

Good points, and I agree that they have been mentioning it less and less. I mean if you turn up at someones door talking about the year 1914 they will think you are nuts (and they'd be right). Once you agree to a study you will learn the nuts and bolts in chapter tucked away in a mandatory book you have to study.

>Narkissos

The shelving of 1914 is a problem I've been mulling over for many years. I'm sure that the generation change was necessary because of the date rapidly receding into the past and that change was in 1995. It was becoming untenable to talk of a "Generation" surviving to see the end.

I think it's more likely they will eventually re-classify it as just the end of the "gentile times" and perhaps claim that Jesus Just "turned his attention"

to the earth in a figurative sense and that his kingdom must be a future event "I mean look at Daniel 2:44 it says the kingdom will bring all those kingdoms to nothing" it must be future.You can almost smell the newsprint of the 3 "exciting study articles" timed to arrive in the summer of 2013.

H.K.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

ql: not sure how your new light would fare this side of the Channel... you know, "Waterloo" translates "Austerlitz" as far as railroad stations are concerned.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Lol I'll take that as a compliment. And interestingly there was no plagarism involved so......

Well, apart from the text you copied out of the WT article, so....... ;-)

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

>Password

Lol

Have you read the proper blog on this article on Death or obedience btw.?

Matt.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Have you read the proper blog on this article on Death or obedience btw.?

Matt.

Sorry, I don't visit apostate websites.

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

I'm thinking of starting an apostate site called mindsfree.org.

What do you think?

M

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

mindsfree....hmmm, it has a certain ring of familiarity to it.

I think it would work.

We'd obviously need someone of great writing skill to populate the site with insightful and discerning articles that cut to the heart of false WTS doctrine.

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

Well you know what It's our lucky day. we could put our heads together ,and both of us........could try and find some writers.......the town is 2 miles that way!!!!

M

• passwordprotected
  • besty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit