Public Talk Outlines

by Lady Lee 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BlindersOff1
  • FeeJee
    FeeJee

thank you for the outlines

• Abells ignatius banda
    Abells ignatius banda

dear brother am kindly asking for anyone with an outline for talk 163 "why fear the true God?" i hav a talk on 22 june i need tostart preparing....... i will appriciate very much. may jehovah continue blessing you.

• Tech49
    Tech49

If you have been assigned a Public Talk, then you should have been given the outline. If not, request it from your Secretary or Coordinator. Requesting it from on online forum seems a bit out of line, ya think?

• Watchtower-Free
  • Maat13
    Maat13

I'm wondering where the subject/title of these outlines originated? I'm pretty sure they can be categorized in the book of Homilies...

Maat

First Book of Homilies

The 'Former Book' of homilies contains twelve sermons and was mainly written by Cranmer. They focus strongly upon the character of God and Justification by Faith and were fully published by 1547. The homilies are:

• I. A Fruitful exhortation to the reading of holy Scripture.
    • II. Of the misery of all mankind.
    • III. Of the salvation of all mankind.
    • IV. Of the true and lively faith.
    • V. Of good works.
    • VI. Of Christian love and charity.
    • VII. Against swearing and perjury.
    • VIII. Of the declining from GOD.
    • IX. An exhortation against the fear of death.
    • X. An exhortation to obedience.
    • XI. Against whoredom and adultery.
    • XII. Against strife and contention.
    Second Book of Homilies

Title page of Cranmer'sBook of Homilies

The 'Second Book' contains twenty-one sermons and was mainly written by Bishop John Jewel. It was fully published by 1571. These are more practical in their application and focus more on living the Christian life. The title was The Second Tome of Homilees: of such matters as were promised, and intituled in the former part of homilees. Set out by the aucthoritie of the Queenes Maiestie: and to be read in euery parishe church agreeably (2nd ed. in which no. 21 was added; Imprinted at London: In Poules Churchyarde, by Richarde Iugge, and Iohn Cawood, printers to the Queenes Maiestie). This volume includes:

• I. Of the right use of the Church.
    • II. Against peril of Idolatry.
    • III. For repairing and keeping clean the Church.
    • IIII. Of good works. And first of Fasting.
    • V. Against gluttony and drunkenness.
    • VI. Against excess of apparel.
    • VII. An homily of Prayer.
    • VIII. Of the place and time of Prayer.
    • IX. Of Common Prayer and Sacraments
    • X. An information of them which take offence at certain places of holy Scripture.
    • XI. Of alms deeds.
    • XII. Of the Nativity.
    • XIII. Of the Passion for good Friday.
    • XIIII. Of the Resurrection for Easter day.
    • XV. Of the worthy receiving of the Sacrament.
    • XVI. An Homily concerning the coming down of the holy Ghost, for Whitsunday.
    • XVII. An Homily for Rogation week.
    • XVIII. Of the state of Matrimony.
    • XIX. Against Idleness.
    • XX. Of Repentance and true Reconciliation unto God.
    • XXI. An Homily against disobedience and wilful rebellion.

• anmejaime
    anmejaime

I need your help, my first public talk will be next saturday and I can't find an outline for this public talk 119.

Im from Mexico and I need it as a guidance. I did my own but I dont feel confident about it.

I hope you can help me.

Thank you very much.

Saludos mis hermanos.

• anmejaime
    anmejaime

I need your help, my first public talk will be next saturday and I can't find an outline for this public talk 119.Im from Mexico and I need it as a guidance. I did my own but I dont feel confident about it.I hope you can help me.

Thank you very much.

Saludos mis hermanos.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

anmejaime, Hola!

I have a few questions.

1. Why on Earth did you ever agree to give a talk without getting a copy of the outline at the time you accepted the assignment?
    2. Why have you waited until less than a week before that talk to start preparing it?
    3. Why are you on an "apostate" website seeking help instead of begging the elders for help and mercy?

This is just messed up.

I actually have a copy of that outline. But I gotta' tell you: your lack of planning does not constitute a crisis on my part.

Not feeling sorry for you one bit, hermano. Nope, not one bit.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Il a oublie.

;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit