Bound volumes free for the taking

by jukief 18 Replies latest jw friends

• jukief
    jukief

We have several nearly complete sets of Watchtower and Awake! bound volumes, from 1960 through the early 2000s, that we need to get rid of quickly. You can have them for the shipping cost. PM me if you're interested.

Whatever is left in a month or so is going in the dump. Or maybe to recycling if we can find someone to take them.

Julie

• recovering
    recovering

i hear ythey make good kindling

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

off topic but does anyone know how far back the cd-roms of the bond volumes go?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

There are only about 10 volumes that I need...are you willing to offer only part of the lot, or are you looking to ditch the whole bunch at once?

• jukief
    jukief

I'm having a terrible time trying to reply to the PMs I've received. I don't know if it's my browser or what, but the text in the header is white, and I can't see any reply button. If you sent me your email address, I'll have the hubby send you an email. If you sent me a PM but didn't include your email address, will you write me again and include it? Sorry!

• jukief
    jukief

NeonMadman, he has quite a few, and I'm sure no one is going to want all of them! So send me your email address via a PM, and I'll have him write you. Thanks!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Aaaaarrrrgh! Please don't dump those volumes - could you perhaps check to see if some of the ex-Jehovah's Witness groups or groups that research the religion would be interested in them?? I was thoroughly disgusted with the JWs when I left and dumped everything I had - now I wish I hadn't!! I could have used that info as research for contradictions, failed prophecies, weird edicts, and so on. Now I'm forced to purchase items on the Internet, and much of what I need isn't available!!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Whoa! I just noticed you're in Colorado - so am I! I'm in a suburb north of Denver - where are you?? Maybe I could DRIVE over and pick up the books and donate them to someone who would use them!!

• ziddina
    ziddina

I'm brand new to this website and not (apparently) allowed to email anyone until I've passed my 'probation' period. Can you email me?? Does my email show up and is available to you??

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Last year I cleared my shelves of all of my bound volumes and a lot of other literature. I still have a little left. I mailed via Media Mail trusting that I would be reimbursed. Everyone on JWD reimbursed my postage (and a few were very generous and gave me lunch money for my trouble, though I did not ask for it I was glad for it).

Don't trash them, someone will take them off your hands...just keep bumping this thread. If for some reason time is of the essence (moving, etc) and you have to trash em, rip the covers off (they dont recycle well) and throw the paper pages part into the recycle bin. You may have to do so over several weeks if it is curbside recycling...some refuse services/cities have weight limits if the bins have to be emptied manually.

Snakes ()

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit