{{ flash.message }}

The Secret Pioneer School Manual

by WuzLovesDubs 40 Replies latest jw friends

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Did you go? Did you get one of those? I saw one up close and personal because the JW ANNOINTED sister who was studying with me, told me that if I looked up EVERY SCRIPTURE in her (illegally gotten before the school started) Pioneer School Book and cut it out of old Green NWTS and pasted them in the margins, it would make her a stronger pioneer and Jehovah would reward me. And in the process I would learn where things were in the bible.

Gosh what an incredible HONOR I was blessed with! You know I did it..I didnt know a damn thing. She was cheating and I was aiding and abetting.

Why was that book so SECRET? While in hell do they keep some things SECRET from the rest of the R&F? Like Gilead training and the things in the Elders Manual and the Pioneer Book? What IS that??

Not a cult my ASS

• mostlydead
    mostlydead

Amen! I hate that kind of stuff. I understand privacy, and I understand confidentiality. But when you have things set up like this it divides people into privileged classes, which is absurd when it comes to religious training. Unless of course you have a magical priesthood to maintain.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I was told when I went to Pioneer School that instead of printing up every reference, I should look up all the scriptures, thus bringing on temporary insanity....

An old elder printed up all the references for us, but we turned it down..... (well, the ex did....)

You raise an interesting point... The keeping of these manuals or Gilead "secret" has nothing to do with confidentiality at all. By building up the myth surrounding these schools and manuals, it serves as another control mechansim, something to work for, something to distract you from all the many pieces of evidence that JW's are full of crap.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yes, I went and got the t-shirt...er...I mean book. I don't know what was so special about it. All you had to do was to copy all the how to service stuff from KM's, throw in a couple of chapters of the United book, and put it into book form. There wasn't anything secret about it other than shhh, don't share your book with anyone. Geez, it's the same stuff the others get, anyway.

• White Dove
    White Dove

All PI school was was just a very loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong drawn out service meeting. That's it. Nothing more than a whole bunch of service meeting points put into one looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong 2 week 5 days per week 8 hours a day money lost from work huge waste of time.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I didn't do it for JH, I did it for the labe and popularity and chances to do demos on stage. Never made a true friend from it. I honestly asked myself why I kept doing it and that is the answer I came up with.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Unless of course you have a magical priesthood to maintain.

It all started with the Mystery schools. WBTS is still very much a part of those layers which still exist in our society today. Mystery is the glue that holds together the fabric of all the lies.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

The hype makes people think that they have a privilege to attend. The biggest attraction was TWO WEEKS OUT OF THE MONTH NOT GOING DOOR TO DOOR! wHOOHOO. w.once

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

I went. It was over 25 years ago. I don't remember anything particularly secret about any of it though. Amazingly, I still have the book. From what I remember, and after a glance through the table of contents, the descriptions of it being advanced KM/service meeting seem about right.

• yknot
    yknot

Is anyone willing to scan into PDF the 2004 edition?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I never had one of those....I had the Elders "Shepherding" book ..The BOE promptly took it back off me when I resigned as elder . I took a few pages photo copied. Today it is on line anyway.

Why so secret? The contents are not really different to other publications..

Human nature loves having access to privileged info that the rest do not have - it feeds the ego

It makes the elders feel important , and feeds the myth among the r & f that elders are special and have privileged info , so they must be right..

It is all a matter of control

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

It's about making the pioneers feel "special". Dubs are the masters of "us vs them". Not only using it between members and non-members, but also internally so that pioneers don't form close friendships with non-pioneers. They don't want these to become corrupted by the rank and file who may not be totally indoctrinated, so they keep these pioneers feeling like they're doing a service just by talking to non-pioneers. They always have their guards up when talking to the "weaker ones".

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have a much better idea. It is a book that is available to the public for about $25 a copy, and anyone can read it. It is called "The God Virus", and is available at www.thegodvirus.net . I feel that it will teach you a lot more about God than any books, courses, or littera-trash (secret or not) that the Washtowel Slaveholdery could ever come up with. And, once you get the book, if you see fit to cross-reference anything, it comes complete with footnotes that list the web site links to their studies.

Now, if they claim that everyone would benefit by drawing closer to God (which I don't count as a benefit), then why do they have to keep parts of it secret? So the public can't get access to it? Like it isn't going to show up on the Internet, thanks to the one apostate that uploads it.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I went...don't remember the book, any special secrets or not to share with others.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I still have mine from 1989, with my comments and footnotes lol

It's even got signatures and messages in the back from all those that attended my pioneer school, how nice lol

Paul

• rebel8
    rebel8

I went maybe 22 years ago. I don't remember any secrets in it. It was similar to the Reasoning book IIRC. Or maybe I just didn't realize the significance of the bs in there like I would today.

IIRC, it was a bunch of papers stapled together, not a bound book. And it was pretty thin--like a syllabus of things we'd be discussing in class, not much content.

I do remember the instructions to ignore the Do Not Calls and No Trespassing signs. I don't know if that was in the book or not.

IIRC pio school was mainly discussions of how important the preaching work is and how great we were for doing our duty.

Our class was almost full of recovering alcoholics who spent much of the time competing with each other to see who had been the biggest badass.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

This woman I did all this work for, she went from Illinois to Wisconsin Janesville to attend the school with a bunch of others. We brought her up there and then when she was about to come home they had a special meeting and one of the Gov Bod was there...Jaracz I think..to speak and I looked around at all these people hanging on every word this man said like he was God himself. I was sick as a damn dog...that I do remember...with baaaaaaaad bronchial infection I had managed to get at a Cubs double header two days before. So I coughed through the entire talk he gave.

How damned disrespectful of me LOL but you woulda thought people GLOWED IN THE DARK after attending that damn thing. I didnt know any better, as I had just started studying like a month before that and so it was all oooooohs an ahhhhhhhhhhhhs to me at that point.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

It's no biggie. After all, they give it to SISTERS so how special can it be?!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

My gran went to one of those. Afterwards she showed the book to me, I paged through it but it didn't grab my attention - there were no pictures.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

...grabbing Mickey by his neanderthal ears and shaking the mouse poop outta him for that

lol