JW 'banned' in China

by isaacaustin 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Now, if they would ban all religion. At least they should ban it within the offices of government--and teach the people to be atheists. That way, everyone would contribute to the economy instead of church.

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

There are 2 forms of Christian churches in China. There are "government" churches, and those are out in the open. Then there are the underground churches, the "house" churches. In theory, they are not allowed to exist; they are against the law. Those identified as pastors or elders in the house churches are often at risk for being apprehended or jailed. I don't know what the latest estimate is, but the numbers in the house churches are HUGE, and still growing. -- There are still CHristian missionaries in China, but they are very covert and usually come in the guise of being students or employees.

• steve2
    steve2

I don't know whether JWs have been specifically singled out for banning in China or just lumped together with sundry missionary-minded groups. However, there has been lots of publicity by one religious group that claims it has been singled out for persecutionin China: Fallon Gong. This group has adherents in New Zealand who periodically protest outside the Chinese embassy in our capital city, Wellington, handing out leaflets detailing alleged imprisonment and torture of members of Fallong Gong in China. Some have sought refugee status in countires such as Australia and New Zealand on the basis of their religious beliefs.

• reniaa
    reniaa

bible student

are you truly saying that being in danger under threat of death preaching the message of the bible in china is a good thing for JWs? your unloving words from probably a very comfy safe seat at home far from places were people are risking their lifes to preach God's words show me clearly were your heart belongs!

Reniaa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Umm, Reniaa you mean preaching the Wt gospel. Rissking one's life for that is certainly nothing noble.

• carla
    carla

risking their lifes to preach God's words-- jw's preaching God's word? when did this start? has there been new light?

• blondie
    blondie

For those who think jws are the only ones persecuted for their religious beliefs (and this everyone, not just Christians), read this website which keeps up to date on the news in this area.

www.forum18.org

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    far from places were people are risking their lifes to preach God's words show me clearly were your heart belongs!

Does your empathy apply to ALL religious individuals in China risking their lives to preach their faith, or just to the JW adherrants? If it's just to the JW's, then your outrage is empty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit