JW 'banned' in China

by isaacaustin 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I have been told by a friend that the Witnesses are banned in China. Is this true and what are the details? Is i sbanned or is it simply a tax exempt status issue?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought they've always been underground in China.

China is never listed in their yearly report.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Isn't China opposed to all Christian religions? This is not suggesting that JWs are Christian in any way.

• sir82
    sir82

China always falls into the "other countries where the work is banned and reports are incomplete" section of the yearbook's report.

Between China and the stricter Muslim-dominated countries, there's a few billion people who have very likely never even seen a JW, let alone heard their message.

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

China (Mainland) is a information control model. Any source of information they can't control is forbidden.

Remind you of anything?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

oh, all Christian religions are banned in CHina?

• blondie
  • GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I have heard they could be legal if they called themselves "JW of China" and were independant from Brooklyn.

• oompa
    oompa

it used to be that no bibles were even allowed into the country......not sure now.........oompa

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    they could be legal if they called themselves "JW of China"

Yes German ...

As long as they insist on the "Made in Brooklyn" tag sewed in the collar, they won't make it in China.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit