David H. Splane

by VM44 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• VM44
    VM44

David Splane is a member of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses.

He became a full time minister in September 1963. A graduate of the 42nd class of Gilead, the Jehovah's Witness missionary school, he served as a missionary in Senegal, Africa, then for 19 years as a travelling overseer in Canada. He and his wife, Linda, have been at Bethel (Jehovah's Witness headquarters) in the United States since 1990, where he has worked in the Service and Writing departments. Since 1998, he had been a helper to the Writing Committee. On October 2, 1999, Splane was appointed a member of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses in Brooklyn, New York.

References
    1. he Watchtower January 1, 2000, p. 29, Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.

----------------------------------

David H. Splane (1944-)

David Splane started as pioneer in September 1963.

Belonged to the 42nd Gilead class and was missionary of Jehovah's Witnesses in Senegal.

After that, he was circuit overseer in Canada during 19 years.

In 1990, David and his wife, Linda, went to the Brooklyn Bethel, where he worked at the Service and Writing Departments.

In 1998 he was appointed "helper" of the Writing Committee.

On October 2, 1999 he was appointed to the Governing Body

------------------------------------

David H. Splane

Born in 1944. David Splane started pioneering in September 1963. A graduate of the 42nd class of Gilead, he served as a missionary in Senegal, Africa, then for 19 years in the circuit work in Canada. He and his wife, Linda, have been at Bethel in the United States since 1990, where Brother Splane has worked in the Service and Writing departments. Since 1998, he has been a helper to the Writing Committee.

------------------------------------

Miscellaneous Notes:

David H. Splane plays the piano.

David H. Splane has a fondness for the plumbing profession.

David H. Splane HATES the entire field of Computer Science.

David H. Splane's head looks like something from the Muppets!

• VM44
    VM44

A photo of David H. Splane taken when he was younger and had more hair.

• Gram
    Gram

Is he related to the murder mystery dective writer Mickey Splane? (oops, sorry! wrong spelling). Mickey was a Dub, am I correct?

• VM44
    VM44

Every episode of the television show Fantasy Island began with Tattoo exclaiming "The Splane! The Splane!"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

VM44..What is so important abot this guy?..Could you Splane?

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

There is but ONE mystery about him: What hides itself behind the "H."?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

NERD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE NERDS!!!!!!!!

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Luuucyyy!!! You got some Splane-in' to do!

• seek2find
    seek2find

I guess I've missed something, what is there about him that prompted a special thread? seek2find

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Any particular reason you want to talk about him? I knew him when . . .

He was our CO or perhaps DO and he was at our house for a meal. The pictures don''t do him justice because about the only thinkg I remember about him was that he was annointed and was good-looking - compared to most of the COs and DOs we had. He was also much younger than most.

What I di remember was not so much what I thought but how I felt. I got a very negative feeling from him. Not that he was projecting one but just my gut told me there was something "off" Still can't explain it though

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit