How Long Should One Wait Before Remarriage?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks

Doe!!! I've had a long day, why you wanna mess with me?

• John Doe
    John Doe

How can you have a long day on the weekend? And if you did, I thought that's a good thing.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I work for the government, I had to work today!

• John Doe
    John Doe

Now there's an oxymoronicish type sentence if I've ever heard one!

• beksbks
    beksbks

Hardy Har Doe, you know what I do. And freaking LOVE it!!!

• John Doe
    John Doe

Now if I could just get you to read Atlas Shrugged.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Now if I could just get you to read Atlas Shrugged.

Who would want to read that turd of a book...all about how ethical egoism could save the planet?

• beksbks
    beksbks

Oh Doe, I have a list a mile long, oddly enough, Atlas Shrugged is NOT on it

• John Doe
    John Doe

It's a great book. I just started reading it again during the ice storm last week. I need to get her other one.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I think there is something wonderful about having time to learn to be you as an individual again. You get your identity all intertwined with your mate. Then you are no longer a couple. And you grieve and you must learn to be you alone. If you jump right into another couple, you haven't really been fair to you are the new person because you are still part of that old couple and your identity is skewed. You will have much more to offer if you become you again first. And why not enjoy the heck out of just basking in the glory that is you for a while?

I haven't completely given up on the idea of marriage. But I have learned it's nothing to take lightly. And to make it work, you need not only compatibility, but devotion and gumption. I've been married twice. I don't ever want to go through a divorce again. I like having the freedom just to be me for now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit