Can someone explain--I feel lost

by wannaexit 8 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Is this our new JWD Home?

Is Simon still our fearless leader?

Why the effort of a new site when there was one in place?

I don't take change well

• Simon
    Simon

Jessep (Jack Nicholson): You want answers?
    Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.
    Jessep: You want answers?
    Kaffee: I want the truth!
    Jessep: You can't handle the truth!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j2F4VcBmeo

LOL

Ok ... after ~9 years and lots of harrassment I decided I was going to quit running the forum and close it down. Enough people then reminded me that it was useful and helped enough people that it should be kept going. I changed my plan so that the site could keep running but ultimately I still want to be able to hand it over or make it self-running. The JWD software as it is wasn't in a suitable state for this so I've re-developed it and am running JWN in parallel until it is complete enough to use as the main site (when JWD will then be shut down).

Hope that explains things!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

LOL :) Simon---you are the best!!!

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Thank you Simon for all that you do. Now, as for the movie short....This has to be the best lines of ANY movie I have ever seen. It rates first in the top 3 of my cult movie collection.

NMG

• Iwonder17
    Iwonder17

Thank you Simon. I appreciate your hard work. This site ( and the new one ) have really been of help to me!

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, that is a great movie moment

Glad the site has been of use!

• Gregor
    Gregor

This has to be the best lines of ANY movie I have ever seen.

How about

Judge, banging the gavel: "You're out of order!"

Al Pacino to judge: "No, you're out of order!"

I understand what Simon is doing and why. Now he is going the extra mile for all those who were devastated by the prospect of JWD shutting down. I don't think I would have had the patience to put up with all the crap. Hats off.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Simon, I don't know your story and don't know if you and your wife consider yourselves Christians now or not, but what you've done and are doing shows real empathy, compassion, and caring for your fellow man. Many more will be helped exiting the WTS because of you. If you are Christians, I'm sure you will be rewarded. If you're not, then you've got lots of warm fuzzies in the here and now!

StAnn

• Simon
    Simon

Thanks, I wouldn't class myself as 'christian' ... I'm more of a Teapot Agnostic:

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/richard_dawkins_on_militant_atheism.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit